Ch.107

I had buried her body the next morning. I huffed before sitting down on the ground looking at her grave.

Midoriya couldn't do it and it was tearing him up inside. Instead of telling us be pushed us away and didn't say anything about it.

I guess he loved her more then I thought.

I sat on the ground enjoying the sunshine when I started hearing a faint noise. I looked up confused. I stood as the noise got louder. I was surprised to see a helicopter fly over me. It had U.S.A Military painted on the side from what I could tell.

I hummed a little confused why the U.S military finally showed up. A shiver ran down my spine when I heard a familiar clicking sound. I slowly crouched down and grabbed my bow off the ground. I stood still for a few minutes listening to the sounds in the woods. There was moans and groans all around me. That's when I realized.

They were flying low enough for me to see the letters on it. The dead are attracted to sound so I immediately started running back to the compound with I can only guess was a big herder not far behind me.

I ran through the trees trying to lose the mutated one that was chasing me. I put my bow on my shoulder before jumping and grabbing a tree branch and climbing up. I climbed up as fast I could as it did the same. Suddenly there was a loud boom coming from the community and the tree swayed harshly. The creature below me climbed back down and started running that direction.

I did the same and ran after it. When I got to the community there was smoke coming from the other side of the wall and the gate was blown open and the helicopter hovered overhead with people hanging out the side shooting anything that moved. They were also shooting explosions blowing up the compound.

I ran into the community and paused. There was people running around panicking or getting eaten alive on the ground by the dead. I was snapped out if it by another explosion. I sprinted through the crowd of terrified people to our house that we were staying at. I was having a little trouble trying to not fall to the ground and get trampled. I got to the house and the upstairs was completely destroyed.

"Emily! Katsuki! Kiri!" I yelled running to the door but someone came out. I coughed from the dust as I walked over. I knew that dirty blonde hair. The man stood up straight and I saw that he had a crying Emily in his arms. I ran over to him immediately.

"Keigo oh my god." I said with a hand in his shoulder. I looked him over for injury's and his back was cut up and burnt probably from the building coming down. He shoved Emily in my hands and grabbed one of my hands when I held her with one arm. I didn't question him and just let him drag me threw the crowd of dead and living people.

I glanced back at the helicopter as Emily cried into my shoulder loudly. Some of the mutated had climbed up a building and could jump far enough to reach the helicopter. They climbed all over and in it making it lose control. It spun in the air coming our direction. I gasped when Keigo pulled us down to the ground. I held Emily close to me as I sat in my knees on the ground. Keigo put himself over the both of us protecting us from the helicopter that flew over us. The propellers cutting the living and dead in half before hitting a building and exploding. Keigo held my head to his chest protecting me from anything flying out. I tried my best to cover Emily's ears.

Me and Emily screamed at the noise and heat of the explosion. It made my ears ring so I couldn't hear anything. I was tugged to my feet by Keigo and he dragged us a different direction. He dragged us to a whole in the wall and he stepped through. It was a bit of a step down so I handed him Emily. He grabbed her and held a hand out to help me through. I grabbed his hand and hopped down but I was in such a rush I didn't notice the sharp metal of the wall sticking out. It cut into my thigh as I jumped down.

He helped me up and we quickly went down the hill and into the woods. He held my hand and dragged me through the woods with Emily in his arms. We got to a river that wasn't too far away and there was a log cabin on the other side of it. We walked through the cold water slowly not wanting to fall in the rushing water.

We walked up to the door and he handed me Emily. I took her and she was a crying mess. Tears and snot all over her face. I watched as Keigo kicked the door open and then gestured for us to walk in. We walked in and he shut the door and made sure it still closed. I looked around and this place was surprisingly clean.

"What is this place?" I asked as I limped over to the couch.

"The man that discovered the community he lived here. Now it is his fishing house or was." Keigo said as he went to the small bathroom and looked in the cabinet. He grabbed a few things as I sat on the couch holding Emily to my chest trying to calm her down.

"How did she end up with you?" I asked as he walked over arms full of stuff.

"I went to find you to apologize for my behavior. Then the helicopter came and everyone ran to help someone else and somehow i ended up with her. I protected her from the falling building." He explained as he slowly sat in the floor in front of me.

"I really appreciate it Keigo." I said pulling Emily away and looking her over.

"She doesn't have a scratch." I said and held her close to my chest again. She was calm now and slowly falling asleep. He got a needle and thread and got on the couch. I moved the medicine and medical supplies aside and laid Emily down. He grabbed my leg just underneath my knee and put it over his lap. He then started to stitch up the cut on my thigh.

"Thank you Keigo. This means so much but I'm sorry about your home." I said and he shook his head.

"It's fine."

(Sorry if anything is wrong.)