Ch.65

Turns out Midoriya was right and we were following the little girl's instructions on where it was.

The Rv was flooded and wouldn't start so we had to walk. I held Eri as we did. The roads still flooded. We had been walking for most the day.

We had stopped somewhere for the night. We stopped in front of a mansion. We set up camp in the front yard. I made sure Eri was comfortable.

She went on and on about her dads that she was kidnapped from. She also grew attached to Midoriya and he was attached to her.

I walked over to Bakugo who was checking on Kirishima's eye that healed but was extremely sensitive.

"Hey should we check the house? See if there's any supplies?" I asked and he shook his head.

"No we should be fine." He said and I just nodded and went back to Eri and Midoriya.

Later that night.

Midoriya and Eri slept peacefully next to me as I was wide awake. I was on edge because well we were out in the open at night.

I watched the tree line the most. Now that I looked around tho I noticed John was gone. That's when I got a bad feeling. When did he run off?

I looked around when I heard rustling from the woods. I quickly stood so I could hopefully see what was up.

That's when I heard John yelling. I watched him run out the woods with one of those runners on his ass. It screamed and woke everyone up. I grabbed my crossbow as a herd of the dead came out from behind it and some from the woods all around us.

"Midoriya get up." I said sternly and he got up quickly.

"Fuck." He growled as he picked Eri up.

"Everyone in the house!" Bakugo yelled and we all bolted

"We didn't clear the house!" I yelled as Bakugo and Todoroki kicked down the doors.

"Well we're screwed then." Bakugo said as we all got inside quickly. We heard John yelling as we tried to block the doors but all he did was bust through them and let the dead in.

Everyone split up into the big house. Me and Midoriya switched. He gave me Eri as she cried and I gave him my crossbow.

"Go hide in a room I'll be right behind you." He yelled and i nodded running through the big house.

I hushed Eri as I looked for a room. I turned down a hall and there was a group of the dead at the end of it. I stopped and held Eri tightly as they turned to us.

"Y/n here!" Midoriya yelled behind me and I turned around and ran into the room he had opened. I ran in and he was right behind us. It was a bathroom and I sat on the floor as Midoriya stood in front of us with my crossbow aimed at the door.

"Midoriya with how the door opens I think we are fine." I said as Eri cried in my neck.

"I don't care. They can still break it down." He growled. We watched as they growled and banged on the door.

I patted Eri's back as I hushed her. I looked at the back of Midoriya's head as he stood above us. His hair was so long now and even curlier than it was when it was short.

"Izuku." I whispered and he looked back at me. I gave him a concerned and scared look and he sighed and turned around completely. He sat next to me and set the crossbow aside.

He then pulled me into his arms. As I held Eri who was now dead asleep on my shoulder from all the crying.

I wasn't scared for my life I was scared for Eri. She was only 7 and another kid doesn't deserve to die like this. Away from home scared and alone like Emily did.

"What are we going to do?" I whispered to him and he just looked at me concerned.

"Izuku I can't let another kid die" I whimpered and he hugged my shoulders tightly.

"I know Y/n i know. I'll figure something out." He whispered as he held us.

We sat there for what felt like hours.

They stopped banging on the door a while ago. Eri was still asleep in my arms as Midoriya opened the door slowly. They were long gone and we quickly and quietly walked out into the hallway. I held Eri to my torso as he quickly moved through the hallway.

We heard the clicking sound of the runner and he made me stop and back against the wall. It was deathly quiet in the house the only sound being groans and clicks. He grabbed a glass candle holder and threw it down the hall. The runner ran after the sound and we quietly ran across the hallway and into another room.

It was a bedroom this time and he looked out the window.

"Looks like every one of them is in inside the house. Here." He whispered as he opened the window.

"The sun is coming up so we should be ok." He said as he reached out for Eri. I gave her to him and I walked to the window. I climbed out and reached up for Eri. He had to wake her up as he handed her to me.

She quickly fell asleep again. I watched Midoriya climb out the window and we backed away from the house.

We looked at the front doors and they were closed now. John was sitting on the steps smoking. Midoriya aimed my crossbow at him as he stormed up to him.

"The hell you do?" Midoriya growled at him and John stood up surprised.

"How the hell you get out?" John asked as he put his hands up.

"What did you do?" Midoriya growled at him again.

"I made what I thought was the perfect trap." John said and Midoriya didn't hesitate. Instead of shooting him he dropped my crossbow and grabbed John by the shirt who only fought back. He got punched in the face and Midoriya really wasn't playing.

Midoriya laughed as blood came out his mouth. He grabbed John by the hair and slammed his head into the door a couple times. He then opened the door of the house and threw him in. He banged on the door making a lot of noise basically ringing the dinner bell.

He slammed the door closed and we stood there listening to John screaming inside.

I was just happy Eri was still asleep.