Ch.148

A month later.

I took a deep breath as I pulled myself up on the top railing of the porch. I found a good way to distract myself by working out. I was doing pull ups in my sports bra as I watched Emily and Eri play in the grass. Emily was now one and her birthday party wasn't the happiest.

"You know I didn't know I married a military vet." Izuku joked as he came up next to me. I let go and letting my feet touch the porch.

"Shut up. When I find that girl I'm going to rip her head off." I growled taking the water bottle he offered me.

"I bet you can do it with your bear hands." He said and i nodded as I took a sip of the water.

"How are your attacks?" He asked and I shrugged.

"I'm sure when Bakugo wakes they'll get better." I said not daring to look at him.

"So they got worse?" He asked and I didn't respond at all. I quickly changed the subject.

"Look Toshinori is coming." I said pointing at the old man they was making his way over to the house.

"Y/n he will wake up." He said and I sighed leaning on the railing.

"It's been a month Izuku. We don't have enough resources to keep him going. He'll be dead by the end of November." I said and he scoffed.

"Why are you so quick to give up and blame yourself?" He said a bit frustrated.

"Because we don't have the resources." I repeated and he only sighed giving up on the conversation. I watched him leave to talk to Toshinori.

Later

I waited for Kirishima to leave the infirmary. I did this at the end of every week. I waited for him to leave before I went to pay my respects.

He left and I went in the house and up the stairs. I went in Bakugo's room and picked the vase up from his bedside table and went changing the water and throwing the old flowers away. I put it back and put fresh tiger lilies in it.

Izuku had told me Bakugo's favorite color was orange and a farm hand was growing these so I took the opportunity. I know he probably doesn't like flowers but it's the thought that counts right.

I sighed as my hands start to shake with a panic attack. I still wasn't able to look at him directly without having some kind of panic attack. I don't know why I kept having them but I did.

I went to leave so I could calm down. My hands dragged down his arm as I passed but I almost fell over when he grabbed my wrist hard enough to leave a bruise. I quickly looked at him and he looked to be stunned and in pain. I gasped and tried to get his attention but he looked like he couldn't see me. I looked up at the heart monitor and his heart rate was almost two hundred.

I ripped my hand out his and ran out the room getting the doctor. I stayed out the way as they ran in to take care of him.

I left soon after so I didn't run into Kirishima. I went to the house and started getting my machete and my knifes.

"Where are you going?" Izuku asked as he walked in the room.

"I'm going to go find some winter clothes for Emily." I said as I walked past him. He grabbed my arm.

"Wait by yourself? How about I go with you?" He asked and I shook my head.

"No you need to be with Kirishima." I said and he tilted his head.

"Why?" He asked still holding my hand.

"Something is wrong with Katsuki." I said and his eyes widened. He let go of my hand and grabbed his jacket.

"You're right I'll go see what's going on. But please be careful outside the walls Y/n." He said and i nodded.

We both left the house going in different directions. Emily was spending her day with Eri.

Later

Surprisingly I found some baby winter clothes in the back of a small store I found along with some food. I grabbed a few boxes of clothes outside on a dolly. I sat on the roof eating a snack as I watched a dead man try to get to me.

I didn't want to go home. I don't want to face Bakugo if he is actually awake. The whole situation was stressing me out.

I know Bakugo's attitude and really didn't want to face it. So much I picked up my bad habit again and I found some at this store. I dropped my snack on the man's face and watched him not have any reaction to it hardly.

I laid back on the roof and dug into the plastic bag I got. I got a pack of cigarettes out and took one out lighting it.

When I finished my cigarette and went home. I didn't know where everyone was I just brought the boxes in. I dragged them into Emily's room and I sat on the floor opening the box and about to go through it.

I heard the front door open as Izuku came home.

"Damn it I don't need this fucking wheel chair!" I heard Bakugo's voice and I quickly crawled on the floor and slammed the door shut and locked it. I sat against the door and heard footsteps coming before a knock on the door.

"Y/n hey come out we wanna talk." Izuku said and I didn't move a muscle.

"Y/n come on it's nothing bad I promise." He said and I still didn't make a sound. He tried to open the door but it was already locked.

"Midoriya it's fine don't force it." I heard Kirishima say from the living room.

"The hell's wrong with her?"