Ch.82

"Are you sure it's just a storm outside? Sounds like there's more going on." I asked as I sat in bed. Midoriya sat on the side of the bed and he sighed.

"Look Y/n I'm going to be honest with you. A tree broke down apart of the wall. With the storm some of them are finding a way inside." He said and I just sighed.

"So we are stuck in here?" I asked and he nodded.

"Yeah for right now until morning at least. It's too dark and windy to go outside right now." He said and I just sighed and leaned back against the headboard.

"I'm not in the mood for this to be a problem." I said and he chuckled.

"More like not in any condition for it to be a problem." He said and I just smiled. I then intertwined our fingers together.

"Can I ask a crazy question?" He asked and i nodded.

"Do you think we can do it? What Momo and Todoroki are doing." He asked and my eyes widened.

"Whoa what? Isn't it a little early for that talk?" I asked letting go of his hand.

"I know and I don't want to scare you or anything but we can fix the wall. We have electricity and water. We can start a farm and maybe trade with other communities. We can live here." He explained and I scoffed.

"You know how I feel about kids in this world Midoriya. Your lucky I even let you get this close to me." I said as I moved away from him.

"I know Y/n and I'm not talking about right now. But in the future." I cut him off.

"Do you realize what you're asking? Hey Y/n do you want to have a kid just so you can die or better yet watch our kid die in a horrible way." I growled and he sighed deeply.

"I know you don't want any of that now. But if this place works we could have a normal life." He said and I played with my hands.

"If you continue this conversation. When the sun comes up I'm gone." I said seriously as I looked into his green eyes. He sighed and looked away.

"Ok." He said and I laid back down.

This world is horrible. Death is closer around the corner then before. Foods not a guarantee anymore and everyone is fighting over something.

I wanted to die a few weeks ago because of the mutation. He stopped me but is now asking me to do it anyway.

I closed my eyes hoping to sleep the sickness away as he stood guard at the door.

We both jump when the gunshots started along with screaming. Midoriya opened the door and looked across the hall. There was a bang from down stairs and he immediately ran in and helped me out of bed.

He pushed me down to the floor and we both crawled under the bed. He spooned me and covered my mouth as he held his gun in front of me. We heard something stumbling up the stairs along with clicking sounds. I gasped as it walked into the room.

We watched as it walked around the room and then leave. He immediately got up and quietly followed it. I got out from underneath the bed and sat on the floor trying not to throw up. He came back and I just looked up at him.

"We have to go help the others." I said and he shook his head.

"No we can't." He said and I looked at the ground.

"Why would you say that to me?" I asked and I curled up in a ball.

"Say what exactly?" He asked as he pushed a dresser in front of the door.

"Ask me that question. About having a future here." I said and he sighed.

"I thought we had dropped the subject?" He asked and I sighed.

"Back in that apartment complex. I was completely ok with jumping out that window but you stopped me. Now you're asking me to do the same thing when I'm only here for you." I said as tears fell.

"Y/n it was just a question I'm not making you do anything." He said and I sighed.

"But that's what you want Izuku. You are a family man and I can't do that. I don't think I can be with you knowing that I'm not going to give you what you want." I cried and he looked back to me. He sighed and walked over sitting next to me.

"What are you saying?" He asked.

"I think we should break up. At least until we figure things out." I said and he sighed.

"Are you sure?" He asked and i nodded.

"Yes." I said and he leaned over and hugged my shoulders.

"Ok then."

That morning we spent the day killing the dead that either got in or the people that died inside the walls. Izuku didn't want me to help but I did anyway and did my best to stay away from everyone.

I was mostly on dead body duty. The smell of burning bodies was disgusting.

I sat on the ground and watched the bodies burn. It was hot outside but my body was cold from a fever but I was also sweating.

I was about to pass out from a heat stroke when someone grabbed me and picked me up.

When my eyes opened I was in the house on the couch. Midoriya walked over with a glass of water.

"Here drink this you need it." He said and I took it from him.

"You didn't have to bring me inside." I said and he shook his head.

"Yeah I did. Just because we are broken up doesn't mean I won't stop taking care of you." He said as he smiled at me. I smiled back and took a sip of water as he got up and left.