Ch.167

I woke up early today because I had to get my stitches removed. I sat up rubbing my eye as I looked over to Izuku. He was still sleeping. I would have woken him up so he could come with but he has been working so hard to tend to me for his mistakes. I just figured he could use a break.

I got up going to the closet and getting dressed. I went downstairs and got Emily from her crib. I went back upstairs and put her in bed with him so when she woke up he would know. I kissed her head before leaving.

I limped through the snow as I headed to the infirmary. I walked in and shivered as I closed the door.

"Good morning Y/n how's your leg?" Iida asked as he walked up to me.

"It's still a little stiff but I can walk decently." I said as I followed him to a spear room.

"That's good. The muscle was damaged so it will be that way for a while." He said as I sat on the bed and rolled my pants leg up. I leaned back on my hands and watched him gently take the stitches out.

"Oh we are supposed to have a Christmas party soon. You should come it'll be fun." I said smiling happily. He chuckled before asking a question.

"Are you cooking?" He asked and I shook my head no.

"Then yes I will." He said and I laughed.

"Excuse me. My cooking is that that bad." I said as he finished up on my leg.

"You would eat anything and I mean anything. That includes raw meat." He said as he pulled my pant leg down.

"Hey I did that one time because I was starving and no one lets it go." I said as I stood up off the bed.

"I don't doubt that." He said and I just rolled my eyes and walked the room. I giggled as I walked out the house fixing my poncho.

I looked up at the sky as the sun slowly made its way up. I was about to just go home but something caught my eye. Past the walls far south was black smoke saying something was on fire and was still on fire. I hesitated for a few seconds before going to Bakugo's home instead.

I climbed up on the house and snuck into his bedroom through the window. I quietly walked to the bed and shook Bakugo awake. He jumped when he saw me and I hushed him.

"Come with me." I whispered and he got up gesturing to himself saying to let him get dressed. I nodded and went out the window. I slid down and went to wait on his porch.

He came out and I didn't say anything and just went south. He followed no questions asked.

We climbed over the wall and went into the woods. We went south for miles until the smoke was near by. We crouched down in the snow and watched.

"Can you see anything?" I signed to him to be as quiet as possible. He looked around.

"Nope." He said and I sighed. He looked around us before pointing up. Suggesting we go up in the trees. I nodded and we went to one tree.

I climbed up the tree first and he followed so if I fell he could try and catch me. When at the top we could see that the nearby storage facility was on fire. We then started hearing voices and footsteps in the snow.

I gasped softly and not wanting to be seen. My foot slipped on the ice covered branch. I grabbed onto a different branch as Bakugo wrapped a arm around me hips and holding me close so I didn't fall. His head pressed against my lower back as we listened.

"Jin I'm sure the boss will understand why. It was a accident Dabi has had a temper ever since Toga disappeared." A brown haired man said to a blonde named Jin.

"Atsuhiro it's all my fault. I need to find some more medicine somewhere. I'm losing my mind." The blond said as the stood underneath the tree we were on. They kept talking about how Dabi got upset about how they didn't find Toga and Jin riled him up and he set the whole place on fire.

As they did Bakugo got my knife out my belt and handed it to me. I looked back and down at him a little confused. He pointed towards the other side of the tree.

I understood what he meant and did as I was told. I regained my balance and went down the other side as Bakugo did the same on the other side. Neither of us made a sound as we climbed down.

Ones we were over both of them I looked up to Bakugo. He hushed me as I got my knifes out.

"1...2...3." He whispered before we both jumped down attacking them. Bakugo just barely missed the brunette but he did cut his arm off with his machete.

I stabbed the blonde in the shoulder blade and knocked him down. He shoved me off quickly into the snow. He screamed holding his head and looking like we have a thousand people around us. He yelled and ran off.

"No Jin you crazy bastard!" Atsuhiro yelled as I stood dusting the snow off myself. I pointed towards the man that ran with my knife.

"What the fuck what that?" I asked and Bakugo shrugged. The man in the snow bleeding out then growled up at us.

"He has been out here too long and he lost his mind." He said and we nodded.

"Oh that makes sense." I said and Bakugo nodded as well. Bakugo then kneeled down and put his belt around the man's arm. He then picked him up.

"Let's go before Deku loses his mind." Bakugo said as he started walking the way we came.

"Yes that's true."

(I didn't read this over.)