Ch.30

I sighed stressed out.

"She has to go." I growled at Midoriya who was trying to calm me down.

"Y/n we can't leave her." He said and I growled.

"We are going to freeze to death. I already almost died out here I'm not doing that again." I growled and he grabbed my shoulders.

"Y/n I know. Trust me I know. We can find a different place to stay for the winter." He said and i huffed.

"Where where at! This whole town is dead!" I said starting to panic. He rubbed my shoulders and then cupped my cheeks.

"Y/n sweetheart you need to calm down." He said and i huffed panicked.

"I can't. What do we do. Your mom she could." I trailed off and he put my hood over my head and put his forehead against mine.

"Y/n look at me." He said and I looked up into his green eyes.

"Everything is going to be fine. One thing at a time. We got to find a new building that's it. You're job is going to be to look after my mom." He said holding the sides of my head.

"Ok ok." I said and he let me go.

He pat my shoulder and walked to the others. I walked slowly over as I got a cigarette out and lit it.

I got my things and helped Midoriya's mom.

We all walked down the road in the snow. Ochaco did complain but we all had shut that shit down. I mostly ignored her while I wrapped my cut hand up.

"Guys guys look it's a library." Kiri said and we all walked over.

"Ok we are going to go inside and make sure it's clear and then we can stay here." Midoriya said and we all nodded.

Later

We all moved in and cleaned up. i past out the blankets to everyone. For some reason this place had a few metal garbage cans. It got dark and everyone had moved shelves to have privacy and some of the cans were used to have fires in. We left a few windows cracked open to let smoke out.

I had moved some shelves to give me some privacy near the windows. I smoked a cigarette quietly watching the dead stumble in the snow outside.

"Hey Y/n." Midoriya said as he moved the shelve to walk in and he moved it back. I looked in the window reflection as I put the cigarette out on my wrist.

"Hey." I said turning to him.

"I brought you some extra blankets so you don't get to cold." He said and I nodded.

"Thanks." I said and he put his hands in his pockets.

"You alright you seem a little tense." He said and I sighed putting the cigarette on the window sill.

"A little tense? We went from a safe apartment building to a fucking library." I growled looking back at the window.

"Y/n I know this is stressful." He said walking up behind me. I turned around to him.

"Stressful? Midoriya there isn't a word to describe how I feel about this and that bitch." I growled and he nodded crossing his arms.

"I know she's your ex girlfriend and you probably still love her but she killed Jirou let's the dead in the building and burns it down." I growled and he grabbed my arms.

"Whoa whoa. I'm not still in love with her." He said and I tilted my head.

"But just because I'm not in love with her doesn't mean I'm going to throw her out in the snow. I'm not that kind of person." He said and I sighed.

"She almost got your mother killed." I growled and he held my hands.

"But you saved her Y/n." He said as he looked at me softly.

"I'd rather you save her then her trying to." He said and I tilted my head.

"You and Kacchan are the only ones I trust with her. I know it's rude to say to the others but really." He said and I looked down.

"I understand but she's going to get someone else killed. She's going to get bakugo or me killed." I said and he sighed.

"I know and you're right but I just can't do it." He said and I nodded.

"I understand. But she has one more chance." I said and he nodded.

"That's understandable." He said and I nodded. We agreed and we both looked down at our hands together.

We both hesitated before letting go. I turned around to the window anxiously. He stepped beside me and looked out the window with me.

"So why the window?" He asked crossing his arms.

"I just want to watch them." I said and he glanced at me.

"Why? Don't they give you nightmares?" He asked and I shook my head.

"Not anymore. I just don't want to get to comfortable here. Someone might want to leave the door open." I said and he sighed. He rubbed my back and pulled me closer to him.

"Y/n she's not going to just open the door and kill everyone." He said and I shook my head.

"I'm sorry I know I'm just....." I trailed off with a deep sigh.

"I'm just on edge." I said and he hugged me from behind.

"Is there anything I could do?" He whispered in my ear.

"Um." I hummed and turned around in his grip.

"Maybe you could stay in here with me. I could probably sleep better if you did." I said looking at his dirty shirt. He rubbed my side's gently.

"Of course anything you need." He whispered to me softly. I held his forearms to embarrassed to look up at him.

"Y/n." He whispered and I slowly looked up. He put his forehead against mine. He looked down at me softly before he leaned in slowly. He hesitated as I glanced between his lips and eyes. He leaned in more and kissed my lips gently.

I pulled away embarrassed blushing and looked down. His thumb touched my cheek as he made me look back up at him. I closed my eyes as he leaned in again but his lips just grazed mine.

"Um Izuku." Ochaco said and we quickly pulled away from each other.

"Oh yeah there's nothing in your eye. It looks fine." He said nervously and I glanced at the brown haired girl.

"Yeah I guess it's just dry." I said giggling nervously and rubbing my eye. He then turned to Ochaco.

"What's up?" He asked and she looked at him seriously.

"Can I talk to you please." She said and he nodded.

"Yeah." He said and she went back to the other side of the shelves. He looked back to me.

"I'm sorry about that um.......I'll be back." He said and I just nodded.

He left and I laid down underneath and on some blankets.

I looked out the window as the dead past. It was a while before he came back and I just pretended to be asleep.

I didn't want to talk about it.