Ch.101

Asui had came back with warm clothes and some warm baby clothes. I put some warmer clothes on and stepped outside. I was getting tired of being in the house. I looked at the burnt part of my poncho and sighed.

I went in the woods and dug into the snow finding sticks. When I got a arm full I went back to the house and sat outside on a bench. I got my knife and started to make arrows.

They weren't going to be perfect just sharp sticks with a slight in the end for the string.

I sighed leaning against back on the bench as I carved the stick. The front door opened and I glanced at Midoriya who walked out.

"You're not supposed to be outside Y/n." He said sweetly as he sat next to me. He picked one up and looked at it closely.

"I know but I just wanted to sit outside. Plus I'm sure Bakugo would get mad if I made a mess." I said pointing at the wood shavings on the ground.

"I'm sure he wouldn't mind if you use them for the fire." He said and I just sighed.

"Yeah." I said as I continued what I was doing.

We sat there quietly as I made arrows. He quietly watched me as I did so. He got closer and put a arm around my shoulders.

"I have a question." He said and I sighed. His questions usually ended up in a fight.

"What is it?" I asked as I made sure the arrow was straight.

"In the future if we find a safe place. How would you feel if one day I proposed? And we adopt Emily as our own. Of course she'll keep her Todoroki name." He said and I sighed.

"Why are you so obsessed with the future?" I asked and he shrugged.

"I like to have goals. You know just reasons to keep moving." He said as he took the arrow out my hand. He kissed my cheek and whispered in my ear.

"All I want is a nice calm normal life with you." He whispered as he pushed hair behind my ear. I smiled softly before he grabbed all the sticks.

"Now come inside." He said and I sighed getting up and following him.

We went inside and I sat on the couch and continued what I was doing. As I sat there he sat next to me.

"Seems like everyone went to bed. Mina and Ochaco are in the spare bedroom with Emily. Kirishima and Bakugo are in the master bedroom." He said as he leaned back on the couch.

"I guess we are on watch then." I said as i sharpened the end. I was so focused getting it as sharp as I could I barely noticed him rub my arm gently. I only continued what I was doing. He sighed and sat up taking my arrow out my hand slowly again.

"Y/n I know you're out of arrows but can you continue this later. I missed you and we're kinda alone." He said and I looked over my shoulder to him. I put my stuff down and started to take my layers off.

"Fine what do you wanna do?" I asked and he got up. I was confused and watched him. He locked the front door and checked the windows. He then came back.

"Let's cuddle." He said happily as he laid on the couch and held his arms out. I smiled at how cute he was being. I crawled over him and laid on his chest. He wrapped his arms around me and rubbed my back. I got comfortable and watched the fire.

"Why so clingy all of a sudden?" I asked and he just sighed.

"I have my reasons." He whispered as he gently scratched my head. I relaxed and closed my eyes as i smiled.

"Yeah ok. I don't mind. I love how sweet you are to me." I whispered softly as I snuggled into his chest more. There was a long pause as he took a shaky breath.

"I hope you don't mind if I'm more sweet or clingy when usual. I just." He said and he took a deep shaky breath and I heard him whimper quietly.

"I just missed you and can't believe I almost lost you." He cried and I tried to pretend that I didn't notice him crying. I snuggled him more and hugged him tighter as he did the same as he played with my hair that has gotten a lot longer.

"I'm not going anywhere." I whispered as he quietly cried and held me tightly to his body. Now I understood why he kept bothering me. I have noticed that he tends to keep things to himself until his with someone he completely trusts.

Like when he was worried that I was going to die again. He let his guard down and yelled for Bakugo and actually used his real name. I understood why he does it with everything going on sometimes it's better to put feelings aside and do what needs to be done.

If being clingy and wanting physical affection and talking or just crying is what he needs to get everything off his chest then I'm ok with it.

I gasped when he rolled us over onto our sides. My back now against the back of the couch. He snuggled into my neck. I hummed and ran a hand in his hair and then started to play with a curl at the base of his neck.

All he ever wanted was for us to be save and to have a home. Then when he had it it was ripped out of his hands. Even the people that hated him he wanted to keep safe.

I kissed his cheek and closed my eyes again to sleep. Even tho I'm sure he is probably going to end up on the floor by morning.