Ch.66

We walked up to this community Eri was talking about

We walked up to this community Eri was talking about. We spent all day and night walking to get here. We of course got guns pointed at us.

Eri got out my arms and ran to the gates.

"No no friends!" She yelled and they put the guns down. We stood there waiting when we saw two people running to us. A man with black hair and another one with hair just like Kaminari's just a lot longer.

"Daddy's!" Eri yelled and the gates opened. She ran through those gates and into their arms. I bit my lip as I watched them. Tears came to my eyes as I looked away.

I hoped that I would get that same reunion with Emily.

I smiled when Midoriya slipped his hand into mine. I looked up and smiled at him. We all went to leave but someone yelled.

"Hey wait." One of the men said as he ran over.

"Yes?" Midoriya said and the other two came up.

"She says you saved her more then once." The man said and they both paused.

"Aizawa?" Midoriya questioned and I just looked between them.

"Wait Midoriya? Todoroki? Bakugo? You guys made it?" The man said and I was just confused.

"Of course we did." He said and the other two came up and they all talked to the man.

I stood back with the others watching. We heard rustling in the woods and I turned immediately shooting my crossbow. I walked over and saw it was just a raccoon. I picked it up and put it over my shoulder and walked back over.

"Oh guys sorry this is our old drill Sargent." Midoriya said.

"Hey we have a few extra houses you guys can stay here." The man Aizawa said and they agreed immediately. I stood there dumbfounded as everyone followed him.

No questions or concerns or anything. What the hell.

I sighed and followed them.

We walked through the gated community and it made me uncomfortable. These communities always made me uncomfortable. To close together. We walked up to a big house and he made us stop.

"Ok we want to interview each of you first." Aizawa said and I just sighed and sat on the ground.

After most of everyone was interviewed I was next. I walked into the living room and they had a camera set up and recording.

"Y/n right? Midoriya's girlfriend." He said as I looked around the room.

"He called me that?" I asked looking back at him.

"Yes. Would you like to sit down?" He said and I shook my head.

"No I'm good." I said looking at the bookcase.

"Ok then what did you do before?" He asked.

"Barista. You know coffee and shit." I said waving a hand.

"Somehow I don't believe that." He said and I turned to him.

"It's true." I said and he nodded.

"So how long have you been out there." He asked and I shrugged.

"Not sure since it started." I said and he hummed.

"So a year." He said and I just hummed not caring.

"Have you been out there at all?" I asked and he shook his head.

"No not at all actually." He said and I rolled my eyes.

"That's inconvenient now is it? The dead have mutated so I guess it's a good thing." I said and I walked around the chair. I grabbed a hand full of the candy in a bowl on the coffee table.

"You seem uncomfortable. Why's that?" He asked and I shrugged.

After we all got interviewed Aizawa made us follow him. I was at the back of the group as I looked around. The people that lived here were looking at us.

The group stopped in front of two houses and Aizawa was going on about how we can use both of them.

Everyone was excited and split into two groups and went in different houses. I followed Midoriya, Bakugo, and Kirishima to one of the houses. I looked through the door way and it was really nice and big and clean.

I looked down at the threshold and sighed. I closed the door and I walked to the corner of the porch and sat down leaning on the railing.

I put my stuff down and looked around. I was on edge and I didn't believe any of this. Two free houses, food, water, electricity everything we could need.

They are just handing them out with nothing in return I just couldn't believe it.

I sighed and grabbed my raccoon. I got my knife and started to get it ready to eat.

When the sun was almost down and I was done skinning and gutting it I hung it on the railing as I wiped the blood off the porch. I jumped when I heard heels on the wood of the porch. I looked up and it was some tall blonde girl.

"Hi I'm Melissa. Melissa Shield." She said smiling at me as she held a dish. I just nodded. I watched her knock on the door and Midoriya opened the door. He was nice and clean just out the shower. I perked up because he didn't have a shirt on.

"Hi I'm Melissa Shield. Aizawa said to leave you guys be but I wanted to give you this." She said handing him the dish.

"Oh um thank you." He said and he stood there.

"Um I use to be a hairdresser I can give you a haircut if you'd like." She said and he nodded.

"Yeah sure. Um Y/n do you want one or are you still growing it out?" Midoriya asked me and I glanced at her.

"I don't bite I promise." She said and I narrowed my eyes at her.

"Um seems like she's on edge. I'll talk her into it later." He said and he let her in. When the door closed I stabbed my knife into the wood and moved to the window.

I looked in the window and watched. They were getting along and laughing.

That's when the old me woke up and all my insecurities fell into my lap like a bag of bricks. She was tall and pretty and clean and nice.

I looked at my hands that were covered in blood and dirt. I stepped away from the window and looked at the mess I made on the porch. I huffed and went to find sticks to start a small fire.

Izuku POV

I sat in the chair as Melissa got her stuff out and ready to cut my hair.

"So who's the chick with the crossbow on your porch?" She asked and I sighed.

"Her names Y/n she's my girlfriend actually." I said and she hummed.

"Oh she seems." She trailed off.

"She's a little on edge. She's not much of a people person and I'm sure she doesn't believe any of this is real. She always thinks something bad is going to happen." I said as she got her scissors.

"Oh sounds a little like a paranoid mess." She said and I shook my head.

"No we just been out there too long." I said as she put a cape around my neck.

"I wouldn't understand. So how short you want it?" She asked and I leaned back in the chair.

"Not to short just like a inch off." I said remembering that Y/n liked my hair a bit long and curly.