Ch.126

That night I woke up because a light was shining in my face. I was agitated because there's no windows down here because we are FUCKING UNDERGROUND and somehow light was in my face.

I pushed myself off the bed with messy hair as I glared at Midoriya. He had the lamp on as he read a book. I grabbed the book out his hand and threw it to the other side of the room. He gasped and looked at me angrily.

"I was reading that." He growled holding Emily to his chest.

"I don't care. Turn that fucking light off." I growled and he sighed leaning and turning it off. I plopped back down on the bed.

"I forgot you're a angry sleeper sometimes. We haven't fully shared a bed without anyone in the room in a few months." He said and I put a hand over his mouth.

"That's your fault now Shh." I said and he chuckled before holding my hand.

Not too long later Emily woke us up crying. But Mina came to the rescue and took her from us. I guess Midoriya thought I went back to sleep immediately because he was silently crying next to me. I sat up and ran a hand in his hair.

"What's wrong?" I asked and he shook his head.

"Nothing go back to sleep." He said and I cuddled up to him. He held me tightly and I knew the problem. I just laid there and let him hold me as he quietly cried.

He was still beating himself up about the crash. So I let him hold me close as long as he needed.

That's until Bakugo came in.

"Hey brat get up." He growled throwing my dirty shirt at us.

"No go away." I growled throwing the shirt back.

"Come on let's go explore outside." He said and I scoffed.

"No we are in a city now fuck that." I growled back.

"Come on it'll be fun." Bakugo said and Midoriya sat up making me sit up. He throw a pillow at Bakugo rather hard.

"Kacchan she said no now get out." He growled and Bakugo threw the pillow back.

"Whatever fucking losers." Bakugo growled and stormed out the room. Midoriya huffed and pushed me down to the bed and snuggled into my chest. I played with his hair before sighing.

"Maybe you should go with Bakugo." I said and he shook his head.

"Why would I do that when I can stay safe right here." He said wrapping his arms around me.

"Maybe so you can get your mind off of what happened." I said and he sat up his hands on either side of my shoulders. His green eyes looked into my e/c ones. He didn't say anything just looked at me.

"I know you're upset. But I think it's taking a big toll on you more then it has me." I sighed deeply reaching my hands up to cup his cheeks. I sadly smiled up at him.

"I hate seeing you like this. You are beating yourself up over something that wasn't your fault and I hate it." I said and he looked Away.

"So I want you to go with Bakugo. Go get into trouble or do something fun, go drinking or killing anything that would make you feel better. Please." I said trying to make eye contact with him but he just avoided me.

"Will that make you happy?" He whispered and I nodded.

"Yes anything that would make you come back with a smile on your face." I said and he nodded kissing my palm.

"Ok I'll go only for a few hours." He said. I smiled as he made eye contact with me.

"I love you." I said and he smiled softly and leaned down kissing me gently.

"I love you more." He whispered before he got up out of bed. I watched him get dressed in his old dirty clothes.

"You want anything while I'm out?" He asked grabbing a backpack.

"Maybe some new clothes. Oh Emily needs some shoes." I said and he nodded.

"Alright I'll try and find some." He said before leaving.

Midoriya POV

I apologized to Kacchan for throwing a pillow at him. I didn't mean the throw it as hard as I did. He let me go with him even tho he would rather Y/n or Kirishima to go but Y/n needed time to herself and Kirishima's scratches needed to heal.

So now we walked down the road that was filled with dead bodies of civilians and Military.

"We should really burn all this. Fucking stinks." He growled and i nodded.

"Yeah but that's a task for a different day. I'd be more concerned about the fact that no dead are walking." I said and he pointed up the road to fences at the other end past a few skyscrapers.

"There's military block aids up there along with a few hummers. That's probably why there's nothing here. But." He said as he turned around.

"That's not blocked we can probably block it off and then be able to come outside without having to worry too much." He said and I just nodded along not in the mood to talk.

Eventually we found a small clothing store. I grabbed a few things that looked like they would fit Y/n. I had asked Kacchan to find baby shoes since I couldn't go in that section without getting pissed off at myself. He found some and put them in my bag.

"Hey come look." He said and I followed him. He brought me to the jewelry part of the store. He got to a case and brushed all the dust off the glass.

"What's this?" I asked looking at all the diamond jewelry.

"You said you wanted to marry her right? Pick one it's better then getting one off a dead girl's finger." He said and i nodded agreeing and looked in the case. I looked at all the options and some looked too basic to even think about being on her finger.

"Oh. That shitty hair could use this." He said braking the glass and grabbing some kind of necklace. I glanced at him as I moved down looking at different ones.

I smiled when I found one that looked perfect. I broke the glass and grabbed it and a basic silver one for me.

After we got what we wanted we went up to the roof of one of the tall buildings.

We looked out at the city and there was a giant group of the dead a few blocks from the block off. I sat on the edge and looked out at the dead city. Kacchan then handed me a bottle of whiskey. I wasn't much of a drinker but I took it and drank a mouthful.

"You need to straighten up man." He said and I looked over at him,

"Excuse me?" I said and he sat next to me.

"Miscarriages happen all the time." He said and I scoffed as he took the bottle.

"Natural ones do. Hers wasn't natural it was my fault." I growled and he glared at me.

"Stress, a illness, body imperfections anything can end up in a miscarriage. That doesn't make it her fault or yours." He said and I snatched the bottle away from him.

"She was beaten." I growled and he hit the bottle out my hand.

"Because you both got into a wreck and were injured badly. Your arm was shattered because you protected her and you got knocked out. 4 men against two injured people and neither of you knew so it's no one's fault not even yours." He said sternly and it was quiet for a few minutes as the bottle crashed on the ground below waking a few of the dead. He sighed and looked over the edge at them.

"I know it's hard and you feel guilty. Emily isn't yours and we could die at any moment. But worrying Y/n to the point she sends you out with ME isn't the way to go about it." He said before patting my shoulder.

"I'm not saying don't be upset about it or bottle it up and never tell her your feelings. Just don't stress her out too much anymore she suffered a big loss too. She just wants you to be happy." He said and i nodded looking at my ring that I already put on.

"You can't protect everyone. I thought you had learned that in the military a long time ago." He said and I looked up.

"I did. I just forgot. I'm sorry I...um I'll try and do better." I said and he patted my back.

"Trying is all we can ever do now."