Ch.7

"Emily!" I yelled from the ground as I watched my sister get attacked by the dead. I quickly got up but I fell down again.

When I looked back up Midoriya had ran over along with Kiri. They both stopped and killed them before they fully got to her. I sighed and got up slowly as I watched her cry into Midoriya's stomach.

I limped my way to the house refusing help from the girls. I limped onto the porch and fell to my knees. I took my sister from him and held her shoulders.

"Don't you ever do that again do you understand me." I growled at her only making her cry more.

"Y/n hey." Midoriya said but I glared at him.

"Emily do you understand me? Things aren't like they used to be and you know that. I told you to listen to me at all times." I growled and she ripped herself out my hold and ran into the house. I sighed and stood the best I could.

"Y/n you didn't need to be so hard on her." Midoriya said and I scoffed.

"Come on we need to check on your ankle." He said and I shoved his hands off me.

"Stay out of my business." I growled and limped away. I walked around the porch and sat down against the house.

A few minutes later
Midoriya's POV

Everyone had settled in the house and found food. Emily was in one of the rooms and Y/n hasn't came inside. I put the can of corn I was eating down and got up.

I went down the hall and knocked on the pink door that had blood splashed all over it.

"Yes?" The little girl said on the other side of the door. I opened it and saw her playing with dolls. A flashlight on in the room.

"Why don't you come eat something." I said sweetly and she just shook her head. I hummed and stepped in and closed the door. I walked over and crouched down to her.

"Hey you know she didn't mean to get onto you like that." I said and she didn't look at me.

"Emily look at me." I said and she did so.

"She didn't mean it. She just wants you safe. The worlds not what it use to be." I said and she just looked at me.

"But she's mad at me." She pouted.

"She just wants you safe and happy that's her job. She's not mad at you she's probably just mad at herself." I said and she looked at her stuffed toy.

"Now how about you come eat." I said and she got up.

I walked her into the living room and my mom had gotten something for her to eat. I sighed and stepped outside.

Y/n POV

I sat on the porch trying to fix my sprained ankle. I growled as I tied sticks to my ankle. I heard the front door open and close with foot steps coming. I sighed and tied the cloth around my ankle.

"How's your ankle?" I heard a deep man's voice say. I looked up to see Midoriya leaned up against the wall.

"It's swollen I'm just hoping I didn't break it." I said and leaned back against the wall more.

"Yeah that would surely be inconvenient." He said and sat next to me.

"Emily is eating inside." He said and it was quiet.

We just sat there as I ate the last of the deer meat I had in my bag. I sighed and glanced at him.

"Thank you." I whispered not looking at him.

"For what?" He asked and I huffed.

"You know what you did." I whispered softly.

"No need to thank me. She said we're family now. Even tho it's only been a few days." He said and I nodded.

"She gets attached easily. Sorry if it's strange." I said.

"It's ok I don't mind. We should get inside and make sure your ankle isn't broken." He said and I shook my head.

"No I'm good I'll just keep watch." I said and he just sighed.

"Let me make sure it's not broken. I'll put the sticks back when I'm done." He said and I sighed and just let him.

I watched him as he moved to my foot and slowly took the wrap I made off. He rolled up my pant leg and he carefully untied my combat boot and took it off. I hissed when he did that and he gently set it on his thigh. He got his flashlight out and looked at it.

"Hmm it doesn't look broken. It might be out of the socket." He said and I just glanced at him. He took my other boot off and looked at them side by side.

"Yeah it is." He said and I sighed.

"Can I try and put it back?" He asked and I nodded.

He moved and he put my foot flat against his thigh. He put his hand on my heel.

"Ready?" He asked and I sighed tiredly.

"Not really." I mumbled.

"3.....2........1." He said and he adjusted and pushed it hard and it popped in place. I gasped and went to scream but he put a hand over my mouth and I screamed into it. I gripped his wrist as he hovered over me mouthing a I'm sorry. When I stopped he moved his hand and looked at my ankle.

"It's back in place but it'll be swollen for a while. We don't have anything for that so you're not allowed to walk from here in out until it's better." He said and I just nodded. He put my sock back on and sat next to me.

We sat there in silence until I fell asleep next to him.

Midoriya POV

When I noticed she had past out I put her make shift brace back on her ankle and picked her up.

I brought her inside the house. The only one being up is Kiri.

"Is everything ok?" The red head Kiri asked.

"Yeah I just popped her ankle back in place she's fine." I said and put her on the couch and putting her ankle on a pillow.

"There is a bed in the other room if you want to take it." Kiri said and I shook my head.

"Nah you can take it I'll sleep in here." I said sitting on the floor in front the couch.

"Alright man." He said and I watched him leave the room. I sighed and moved grabbing two blankets one for me and the other for Y/n. I made sure she was covered before I laid down myself.