Ch.87

I spent the morning changing and feeding Emily. I saw how beautiful of a day it was and I got a stroller that a neighbor had. I put her in it and put the cover over her.

We then went for a little walk around the neighborhood. I of course didn't let anyone touch her. I walked up to Midoriya who was working hard on the wall. He turned around all sweaty and tired.

"Hey what you two up to?" He asked and I shrugged.

"Just out for a walk. Trying to maybe get her use to the outdoors right away so she won't be too upset if we have to move." I said and he raised a eyebrow.

"We won't have to move. We are living here our enemies are dead." He said as he crouched down to look at Emily. He went to touch her but I smacked his hand away.

"Your hands are dirty." I growled and he looked at his hands.

"Oh shit." He said wiping his hands off on his pants.

"This is weird at least for me." I said as I walked over to a tree and we stood under it in the shade.

"What having a baby to take care of?" He asked and I nodded as I got her out the stroller.

"Yes." I said and got her bottle out.

"Ochaco can always help and Kirishima. Kirishima was the eldest of two sisters and Ochaco used to work with babies when she was a nurse." He said and I sighed as she drank the bottle.

"Good we could use as much help as we can get." I said. He rubbed my back as he looked at her.

"A few months ago you wanted nothing to do with babies and now you're the most protective aunt I have ever seen." He laughed and I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah well I might as well try instead of leaving her with Ochaco. No offense to her." I said and he just laughed.

"I'm pretty sure you're right." He said and hugged my shoulders.

"Kacchan is out making sure we don't have any trouble near by." He said and my eyes widened.

"What? Alone? I should have been told." I said and he shook his head.

"He isn't alone. He is with Kirishima who by the way has a new arm." He said and I just sighed.

"I'm sorry I just I'm not used to not being in the loop." I said and he kissed my head.

"I promise I'll keep you in the loop." He said and I sighed again.

"That's not enough. I can't be trapped inside the walls all the time Midoriya." I said and he nodded.

"I know." He said and he kissed my cheek.

"I gotta get back to work." He said and I just nodded. I watched him walk away when Ochaco ran up to me.

"Can I have her for the rest of the day?" She asked happily. I nodded and handed her over.

"Oh thank you." She squealed and took her away. That's when Midoriya yelled back to me.

"Hey actually how about you get all dolled up for me. I have a surprise." He said and i smiled nodding i then went to walk back to the house.

I did what he said but I only had normal clothes nothing fancy. When I was done getting dressed I went down stairs and Midoriya was already here. He stood at the door holding a basket.

"Where we going?" I asked and he smiled.

"Im taking you on a picnic outside the walls." He said and I raised a eyebrow.

"Outside the walls isn't that dangerous." I said smiling.

"I think I can protect you." He said and he grabbed my hand and lead me out the house.

Later

He drove us to a spot on a road that was deep in the woods. He then dragged me through the woods to a clearing that was filled with flowers.

"Surprise!" He said as he gestured to the field.

"It's beautiful." I said and he smiled bigger.

"I know with all the death and destruction all around this place has been untouched. We just have to be quiet." He said and I followed him.

I watched him set up everything and we sat down on a blanket and started eating the food he brought.

When we were done eating we sat there watching the sun go down through the trees. I leaned against his shoulder.

"So what's this all about?" I asked him as I took a sip of wine.

"Why i can't take my girlfriend on a date." He said and I just blushed.

"Look I might have gotten you something." He said as he sat up. He dug in his pocket. He sighed deeply and leaned on his hand as he looked at something he was holding.

"I um....cut this off a dead girl's finger. When I was fixing the wall nine months ago. I know we were broken up but I had a feeling it wouldn't last long." He laughed and then handed it to me.

"A ring?" I said as I looked at it

"I know it's not much." He said and I scoffed.

"Do I look like the kind of girl that needs a giant rock on my finger?" I asked and he chuckled.

"No you don't." He said softly as he looked at me lovingly.

"I didn't buy it or go through much trouble getting it. But I want you to have it as a token of how much I love you and how grateful I am that we ran into each other despite the world ending." He said as he put it on my right hand. I looked at it and smirked.

"Witch is very little." I said as I giggled at my own joke. He smiled and pushed me down to the blanket as he tickled me. We both laughed hard as he stopped. He looked down at me as I cupped his cheeks. I glanced at the ring.

"I think I might need a necklace to put it on so it doesn't get dirty." I said and he smiled as he leaned more into my hand.

"I can find you one." He said and he leaned down and kissed me softly.