Ch.10

To be honest I stayed outside for the most part.

"Hey want to go on a run with me?" Midoriya asked me and I nodded.

"Sure I'll go." I said standing and getting my crossbow.

We made our way to just outside the city and we found a store not far from the house.

"So do you know what exactly is going on?" I asked him and he shook his head.

"Nope but I'm sure the military base will have some answers." He said as we slowly walked in.

No one or thing was in there so we went ahead and started grabbing stuff. He was on the other side of the store.

Not to long after we got there we heard yelling along with some groaning. I picked up my crossbow and looked around as it got louder.

I walked around after I heard something fall over on his side of the store. I walked over with my bag of stuff in hand and my bow.

I walked past some of the freezers seeing a big mess. I walked past it and the door opened and a hand was over my mouth and a arm around my waist. I was pulled into the freezer making me drop everything as Midoriya hushed me into my ear.

"Sh it's me be quiet. Don't move or make a sound." He whispered in my ear as he removed his hand from my mouth.

We watched shadows move through the store. The screaming got louder and we watched the man trip over the mess that Midoriya made.

The dead came up behind him and ripped the guy apart in front of us. I gasped and he covered my mouth again.

"Sh." He said in my ear and I subconsciously pressed my body against his to get away. I jumped when blood splattered over the glass door.

My hand grabbed his wrist that was on my mouth.

"It's ok." He whispered in my ear and the hand over my mouth moved and he intertwined our fingers.

We stood in that gross freezer watching this man getting eaten by the dead.

I knew it was bad but I didn't think it was this bad.

Eventually I couldn't watch anymore and I slowly turned around.

"What are you doing?" He whispered to me and I just shook my head.

Sure I have gutted animals and killed a persons. But gutting a human and watching other people eat them is terrifying and disgusting. The sound was even more disturbing.

He sighed and put his hand on the back of my head and pressed it to his chest.

"Sh just listen to my heart beat." He whispered and I did my best to focus on his fast heart beat.

I sighed and I gripped his dirty sweaty shirt.

We had to be there for hours until they finally left. We slowly got out the hot freezer.

"Oh my god." I said and turned away from the ripped apart body and threw up. He got both of our stuff. He handed me my bow and my bag after I wiped my mouth. I took it both being covered in blood.

"Ok I think we should go." He said and I nodded. We got our stuff and walked to the front of the store.

We heard groaning and the shelves came down. I moved quickly out the way and he didn't. The shelves fell down onto his arm. He screamed and I jumped over the shelves and killed the dead that was trying to get to him.

I quickly moved and tried to pick up the shelve by myself. I strained myself and got it off him. His arm was broken and bleeding. I helped him up and I grabbed both bags.

We hurried out the store as more came. We got to a van and I broke the window with my bow to the back seat and unlocked it. I put the bags in and made him get in. I got in and closed the door. The dead banging on it.

I pushed him down to the seat as I straddled him. I took my belt off and wrapped it around his arm and tightened it. He growled at the pain and I looked around the van and found a blanket. I grabbed it and moved his arm and gently wrapped the blanket around his arm and made sure it was tight.

"Ok keep it right there. We are going to the base now." I said frantically and I moved in the front seat.

"Shit no keys." I growled looking around.

"R-red and b-blue wire." He mumbled and I ripped off the dash underneath the wheel. I got them and rubbed them together and the van started. I floored it and got us out of there.

We got to the house and I leaned out the window.

"Kiri! Jirou! Everyone let's go now!" I yelled and everyone came running. I got out the van and let Kiri drive.

"The base now get everything." I said getting in the back seat and cutting my hand on the door. I growled and ignored it.

"Oh my god Izuku." His mom said as I tightened the blanket.

"Get in now." I said and she got in the front seat as Jirou and my sister got in the trunk with everything we had.

"Drive now!" I growled and Kiri started to drive.

"Uh fuck." Midoriya groaned in pain as I put some pressure on it.

"Sh I know I'm sorry." I said as I sat on my knees.

"Is he going to be ok?" His mom asked and I sighed.

"If we get him to the base in time." I said as I put a little more pressure. He growled at me doing so.

It took a while to get there and the van was covered in blood.

"Sissy." Emily said and I smiled at her.

Kiri stopped and we all got out. Kiri making sure everyone was safe as I dragged Midoriya on my back to the gate of the army base.

"Help! Someone please!"