Ch.24

It's been a few days and it got cold fast. Thankfully we had figured out how to turn the heat on. We had to keep it on low so we didn't blow a fuse.

We had to move to a different apartment. One with a fire place.

The thing was we were trapped in the building.

I looked out the window at the dead that surrounded the building and are all over the road. A storm past and they all came out of hiding from the noise. The good thing is tho they are frozen to the road and covered in snow.

I turned around and walked up behind Inko who was sitting in front of the fire place. I took the blanket off my shoulders and put it around hers. She looked over and smiled at me I smiled back. Midoriya walked over to me as I stepped away from her.

"Hey you didn't need to do that." He said and I sighed.

"Yes I did. She's more important then me." I said and he sighed grabbing my hand gently.

"I think you guys are about the same." He said softly running his thumb across my knuckles. I looked at him a little bit confused.

"Um anyway we need food soon. Did you want to go looking with me." He said as he still played with my hand.

"Sure." I said and he nodded. He walked to his room and I went to Inkos room to change.

When I was done I walked out. I have a few layers on with a leather jacket.

"Hey Inko we are going out for a bit." I told her and she nodded. I got my quiver and my crossbow also my backpack and a machete that hung on my belt.

"Ready?" Midoriya asked and I turned around to him.

"Yeah if you are." I said and he opened the door.

We walked out and left the building.

We left through the back of the building.

"So how are we supposed to be quiet with the fucking snow?" I growled and he shrugged.

"The best we can." He said and I sighed.

We walked slowly through the snow.

We found a small store and slowly went in. There was a few and we had killed them and started to search the store.

We split up to find food.

I found some ramen I knew he liked. I gasped and ran over to him.

"Midoriya look." I said and my bag caught on a small shelf and it fell making a loud noise. We both froze as groans came from the front doors.

We both looked at each other and then quickly got our stuff and ran out the back of the store.

We ran through the snow into the woods. I loaded my crossbow. I turned and shot it getting one of the six that were on our asses.

"Look!" He yelled pointing at a old tree house in the middle of the woods.

We ran over to the latter and i trip but quickly got up. He let me go first.

I climbed up and got everything off my back. I then heard him yell. I quickly crawled over and looked down. One had him by the leg as he was trying to get up. I got my crossbow and carefully shot.

I threw it to the side and pulled him up as more came. He got up and I fell back on my butt as he fell on top of me. We breathed heavily my back against the cold wood. He sat up and looked down at me.

"You ok?" He asked looking at me worried a hand on my cheek.

"Yes I'm fine. You?" I asked and he nodded.

"I'm ok." He said and looked down more. He blushed and he quickly got off me.

"I'm sorry." He said and I sat up.

"It's fine. Um......what do we do?" I asked looking at him. He sighed looking over the side.

"Um stay here? Fuck......at least they can't climb." He said and i huffed my breath showing in the air.

"We are going to freeze to death. And there's more coming." I said and he looked at the dead sadly.

"I'm so sorry Y/n." He said and I scoffed.

"It's not your fault. It's mine. I feel so bad about this I mean you actually have someone to live for." I said and my smile dropped. I looked at him as I got a idea.

"No." He said and I nodded.

"Hear me out. I could lead them away. You can go back." I said and his hair covered his eyes.

"No! I said no." He growled and I sighed.

"But." I said but he cut me off.

"Im not losing anyone else." He growled and I just looked down.

Later that night.

We sat in the corner of the treehouse cuddled up together freezing. He was out of it and his lips were blue. I got up and got my crossbow, my arrows and my machete.

I'm not going to let him die like this. He has so much more to live for then I do.

I walked to the edge of the makeshift treehouse and rolled up one of my sleeves. Before I did anything I looked up at the night sky.

"God if you're even still here. If I'm meant to live this life then help me if not let me see my sister again." I whispered before I used my machete to cut along my forearm. I took a deep breath before jumping off the side.

I landed on my back hard hitting my head. I shook my head and quickly got up machete in hand.

"Hey come on over here!" I yelled and they all slowly looked at me. For a second I regretted my decisions.

"Y/n!" Midoriya yelled looking at me worried.

"You gotta go back! I got this!" I yelled to him. They got really close to me and I panicked.

"Just go!" I yelled and ran off into the woods.

I ran as fast as I could through the snow and trees. A pack of the dead a little bit behind. My arm leaving a trail of blood behind me to keep their attention.

Not to long later I couldn't run anymore and I turned to face them.

"Ok god time to show me what my destiny is." I huffed and swung my machete.