Ch.99

When I woke up I felt a lot better. I looked around and saw Midoriya laying his head on the side of the bathtub I was in playing with the water as it steamed up the room.

I reached a hand up and intertwined our fingers. He immediately looked up and moved closer to my head.

"Oh my god I was scared you wouldn't wake up." He cried and I just looked at him.

"Where did the water come from?" I asked and he huffed.

"We got buckets and buckets of snow and boiled it to a safe temperature and put it and you in here. How are you feeling?" He said and I moved both my hands.

"Better. I still hurt but I don't really feel cold anymore just a little bit tho." I whispered and he chuckled.

"That's good that's so good. Kacchan's doing the same thing with Kirishima. I feel so stupid now we should have done this right away." He said and I shook my head.

"Who knows what's in that snow and this water." I said and he shook his head.

"Whatever was should be gone from the boiling." He said and I nodded.

"I'm so sorry I let you get so bad Y/n." He said not using a pet name.

"It's ok Midoriya." I whispered and he scoffed.

"No it's not. I should've noticed that the fire was out and because of that i you almost died again. This whole thing is my fault." He growled and I leaned forward and kissed him softly. He stopped talking and was surprised.

"Nothing is your fault. Unless you control the weather then I have a problem." I said and he chuckled.

"I just hope you don't mind and nine fingered girlfriend." I said as I looked at my right hand.

"I don't mind. At least it's not a important finger. You can still hold stuff." He said and I relaxed in the bath.

"How long was I out?" I asked and he shrugged.

"A few minutes not long. No you didn't die in my arms thank god." He said and kissed my hand. He then looked at it.

"The swelling and redness is almost completely gone. Once it is you can get out. I got a towel and some comfy clothes in front the fire waiting for you nice a warm." He said and i smiled as he gently played with my hand.

"So you really don't blame me?" He asked and I shook my head.

"If I blamed you I would have ignored you this whole time. I still love you I mean you just saved my life by thinking of the snow. But if I have something I will hurt you." I said and he laughed.

"I know. Anyway I'll let you relax. If it gets cold let me know and I'll put more in. I want you in here for a while." He said and i nodded and watched him leave.

I was in there for a good couple hours. Before he came in and said i could get out. He help me out and helped me get dressed. He wrapped me in a blanket and we walked to the kitchen. He sat me down at the small Island by Kirishima and got me a bowl of warm soup.

Iida was doing a check up on Kirishima before he moved to me. He put a cold hand on my head and I shivered. He then grabbed my wrist and looked at his watch as he checked my heart rate.

"Ok heart rate is a little high but that's better then the alternative. Now you just have to fight the fever but that's a good sign." He said and he unwrapped my hand to look at my missing finger. He did the same thing for my wrist. When he was done he looked at my side were he put my rib back together.

"Ok nothing is infected. You will have that metal in and around your rib for a while tho so be careful." He said and I nodded eating the soup.

When i was done Midoriya took me to the room to lay down. Emily was with Mina and Ochaco so we  were alone in the room. I laid down with the blankets up to my chin as he talked.

He was going on and on about how it was his fault and ways to avoid it in the future if we had to move. I was trying to sleep but I couldn't because of his rambling. I laid there looking at him annoyed hoping to get his attention. It didn't work and i huffed sitting up.

I crawled over him and straddled him finally getting his attention.

"Honey i love you but if you don't shut up I'll make you." I growled at him. I normally didn't mind him rambling on but I had a long and hard couple of days and just wanted silence. I looked down at him a little confused when he didn't say anything. He wasn't looking at me. He was looking to the side with a bright blush on his cheeks. I was confused until I felt his hands squeeze my thighs. I scoffed.

"Are you seriously blushing over this?" I said and he sighed not able to look at me.

"You just helped me out a bath Midoriya and this makes you blush." I said and he rolled his eyes.

"Key word help. I was helping you this is different." He said and I crossed my arms.

"How?" I asked and he sat up his arms wrapped around my waist.

"Maybe because this is the first time in a couple months we've been alone." He said and then I blushed. He chuckled at me.

"See now your embarrassed." He said but something else popped in my head. This whole time he was talking about how he didn't look for me hard enough and he was taking care of Emily. I sighed and looked up at him.

"Midoriya now that we're out in the middle of nowhere again you have to promise me something." I said and he tilted his head.

"No matter what happens you protect Emily at all costs. Even if that means leaving me behind." I said and his eyes widened I cut him off before he said anything.

"Anything can happen out here Midoriya. Her life is a lot more important then mine so promise me." I said and he just looked at me sadly.

"I promise."