Ch.94

Two months after the train yard.

I walked through the snow cold and alone. I had my poncho on that had been burnt a little. I couldn't feel anything. I was in a nice warm place but I got over run.

But I could tell I was sick again. From the symptoms I had I knew it was hypothermia again and with my hand feeling like it was getting stabbed every time I moved it. I knew my fingers were drying out from frostbite. My lips were dry and the skin on my nose and cheek bones were peeling. I shivered as the dead followed close behind me.

I'm dying.

I know I am.

And I'm ok with it.

One month after the train yard.

"Izuku! Hey I'm leaving to go track the people that got away." I said as I put on my poncho.

"Again? Shouldn't you take a break? I doubt you're going to find them in the snow. You know how I feel about you going out in the cold." He said and I sighed.

"Izuku I'll be back a hour tops alright." I said and he sighed crossing his arms.

"Yeah fine just be careful and warm." He said and i smiled kissing him.

"I will." I said and left.

I kept my promise and was only out there for a hour. But a lot can happen in a hour.

When I got back there were tracks in the snow but I just figured it was someone who lived here. When I got to the gate they both were destroyed and the community was quiet. I loaded my crossbow and ran in.

I ran down the street and some of the houses were on fire or destroyed. I yelled for anyone and no one responded. I ran to our house and the second floor was on fire. I gasped and dropped my crossbow and ran inside.

I coughed as I ran in the burning house. I ran upstairs and fell to my knees when I looked in our room and there was a body on the floor on fire. I saw something next to the hand of the body. I grabbed it the flames and the thing burning my hand. I looked at it and noticed it was Midoriya's dog tags. I gasped and ran to Emily's room. A dead man was on the floor and I looked in the crib. There was blood everywhere in the crib. I grabbed the stuffed animal that was also covered in blood.

When I felt the flames get closer I ran out the house. My heart was broken.

They are both dead.

I looked around and some of the people I knew that lived here were dead all over the road. I was just so worried I didn't notice.

I looked at the dog tags and the animal in my hands and I didn't know how to react but my body did. I fell to my knees as I threw up. I then started crying my heart out.

I didn't know what to do or where to go. I wiped my mouth and noticed that the dead were coming. I got up and ran the opposite direction. When I got to the end of the road the wall was broken down. I ran through the whole and noticed footprints. So I followed them.

I followed them until the sun went down. When I found what they led me to I stayed back in the woods and watched the people. There were eating someone's arm. I almost threw up again until I saw Rebekah. She was laughing and having fun with them. I growled and got my crossbow.

I stormed out the woods right up behind her. I pulled her hair making her fall back and I began to smash her head in with my crossbow. Chanting that she killed them with every hit. I then grabbed her machete and attacked everyone that was by the fire. I even threw some of them in it.

When they were all dead I stumbled into the snow on my back and screamed as I cried. I gripped my hair harshly as my heart physically hurt. I then hit my head on the ground repeatedly until I got a headache. I then curled into a ball in the snow as I held myself. I cried hard as I laid in the snow in the dark in the woods. The only light being from the fire.

I sniffed as I sat up. I looked up in the dark sky and I could see the light from our community being burnt down and taken over by the dead. I then looked up at the sky.

"I'm sorry." I whispered as tears rolled down my cheeks faster.

"I'm so sorry Momo. I failed again. I hope you can forgive me." I cried to the sky before I looked down at my hands.

"Even tho I'll never forgive myself for this."

Eventually I left the small camp and just walked quietly through the woods. I didn't know what to do. This was my first time being alone since this all started.

I made it to a small town and walked in a gas station. I made sure the doors wouldn't open and I looked around getting things to eat and stuff to make a small fire.

There wasn't anything to make a fire but luckily for me this place was selling a lot of blankets for some reason. They were cheaply made but there was enough to pile up and hopefully be warm. My poncho would help a lot.

The only thing that was disappointing was there wasn't any warm clothes. Sure I had some on but only to be outside for a hour not for however long I'll be outside now.

I sat in the office of the store eating some expired chips that were still closed. When I had enough I laid down to sleep.

But I couldn't.

There was no way I could sleep without Midoriya's warmth next to me or his soft snores in my ear. So I just laid there playing with the ring on my necklace as I looked at his burnt dog tags.

I don't think i can do this without him.