Chapter 1

I was James Evans's "contract lover" for five years, until his true love come back.

He cancelled our contract and told me to get lost. I thought that after five years, his frozen heart would thaw for me. How wrong I was.

So I packed my things and left.

Without telling him.... I have only three months to live.

•••••••••

James Evans's private jet landed at LAX international airport at 7:00 PM. At 7:30 PM, Amelia Garcia was taken to the Silver Tower Penthouse as requested.

Per their contract, she had to be thoroughly cleaned "inside and out" without any traces of perfume or makeup. She strictly followed his preferences, thoroughly cleaned herself, changed into a sild pajama, and then went to the bedroom on the second floor.

James was already working on his computer. When Amelia entered the room, he gave her a casual glance.

"Come here" He demanded.

His voice was cold and emotionless, weighing heavily on Amelia's heart. James was enigmatic, Amelia didn't dare to hesitate for a moment, worried that he might get angry with her, and quickly walk over to him.

Before she could steady herself, he pulled her into his arms and lifted her chin with his long fingers.

He lowered his head and kissed her Ruby lips, the kiss was aggressive, without any traces of warmth.

James might seem noble and restrained, but he showed no such thing when it came to sex. He was never tender with her. No sweet talks, no soft kisses. Just sex.

He had been abroad on a business trip for three months,he probably wouldn't let Amelia go easily tonight.

As she had expected, he was rougher than usual.

James didn't stop his thrusts until she was too exhausted.

•••••

When Amelia woke up, she found herself alone in bed, the sound of running water came from the bathroom.

She looked in the direction of the water sound and saw a slender figure reflected on the frosted glass.

Amelia was surprised because James usually left without waiting for her to wake up after their encounters. But this time, he didn't leave.

She struggled to sit up from the bed and quietly waited for the man to come out.

A few minutes later, the sound of running water stopped abruptly, and James came out wrapped in a bath towel.

Water droplets from the tips of his hair fell onto his bronze skin, slowly sliding down his abs, the firm and strong lines carrying a deadly temptation. His face was finely chiseled, exquisitely handsome, with sharp, distinct features. His eyes, almond-shaped in hazel in color, were aloof and distant. Deep and unreadable.

James's charm armed him from head to toe, and so did his cold aura. In one glance, you can tell this man was not easy to get along with.

Seeing that Amelia was awake, he gave her a cold look and said, "You don't need to come anymore."

Amelia was stunned. What did he mean by "No need to come anymore?"

James withdrew his gaze from her, turn around, and handed her a document. "I'm cancelling our contract. You're fired."

He said fired, not break up. Because that's their relationship, the employer and the employee. Nonetheless, his words stung.

As soon as Amelia saw the document laid out before her, she understood. He didn't leave early today because he didn't want her to be his secret lover anymore.