Chapter 102

"Fortunately, the amount of bleeding is not large and it's not very serious. First, we can treat you with drugs. If it ends up becoming severe, surgery will be required."

The dean put down the report in his hand and looked at James, who was leaning on the hospital bed frame. He breathed a sigh of relief upon seeing that there was no more blood around James' mouth.

Fortunately, the bleeding was stopped in time and there was no infection. Otherwise, if something were to happen to James in his hospital, the Evans family might come for his head.

Amelia, who was sitting beside the hospital bed, heard what the dean said. Her tense body finally relaxed.

"Is there anything he should pay attention to during his stay here?" she asked.

"He should be careful with his diet and make sure he gets enough rest. He needs to refrain from strenuous exercise," the dean replied.

After making a mental note, Amelia questioned the doctor who was bandaging James' arm.

"How is his hand?"

"It's just a scrape and some bleeding. His bones weren't hurt. It's nothing serious."

Amelia let out another sigh of relief. She looked at James, who had been staring at her with his bright, black eyes.

After the two looked at each other silently for a while, James squeezed her palm.

"Don't worry, Amelia. After I pushed you away, I quickly dodged it."

Although he got hit, he was lucky to avoid any fatal injuries.

Amelia stared into those beautiful eyes. She was quiet for a while and then nodded at him slightly.

After James took the medicine, he was a little tired. After a while, his thick eyelashes slowly began to droop.

Seeing that he was asleep, Amelia got up and wanted to prepare some things for his stay in the hospital. However, he held on to her hand tightly.

She tried to push his hand away, but his thick eyebrows instantly furrowed.

It seemed that she was afraid that she would leave. Even after he had fallen asleep because of the medicine, he refused to let go.

Seeing James like that, Amelia's heart, which she had locked up, suddenly began to open up gradually.

She couldn't help it. She raised her hand and touched his face, which was so delicate that it seemed to have been carved by God.

"James..." Amelia murmured.

She sighed softly.

It turned out that she still couldn't let
go of him.

She sat in front of the hospital bed, watching him quietly and thinking about the past.

She could sense the love she had for him deep down.

Time ticked by until sunrise. The man on the hospital bed slowly opened his deep eyes.

When he saw Amelia sleeping peacefully on the edge of the hospital bed, his heart felt warm. There was a tinge of amusement in his gaze.

He was afraid that she wouldn't get a good night's sleep. Thus, he forced himself up and carried her into the hospital bed. He put his arms around her waist and hugged her to sleep.

Amelia, who was nestled in his arms, woke up from the movement. She raised her eyes to look at his face. It was sickly, but it didn't affect his handsome looks at all.

She opened her lips to say something, but James pressed her head against his chest and muttered, "Sleep with me for a while, Amelia."

His voice was dry and hoarse, but richer than usual. The magnetic force in it made Amelia obedient. She relaxed her whole body and leaned into hist embrace.