Chapter 188

“You were going to treat me to a meal, right? Where’s the food?”

Hearing Jonny’s voice, Amelia popped her head out from behind James.

“Hey, Jonny, what are you doing here?”

“I invited him.”

James lifted his big hand and grabbed Amelia’s wrist, then intertwined their fingers.

“Jonny, it’s not dinner time yet. Why don’t you sit for a while?”

Jonny didn’t know why he subconsciously glanced at their intertwined hands.

When he realized something was off and looked away, he suddenly met James’ menacing eyes, feeling guilty as if he had done something wrong.

“Jonny, this way please.”

Thinking that James hadn’t figured something out, Jonny breathed a sigh of relief and followed him.

Amelia looked at James, then at Jonny, feeling a bit confused.

The two archenemies were actually meeting for a meal. Was this a reconciliation?

She couldn’t quite understand, but she didn’t ask further and just said to James, “You two talk, I’ll go solve some arithmetic problems.”

She didn’t want to disturb their reconciliation, but James held onto her hand tightly, pulling her to sit down on the couch.

“Finish your work, then go solve arithmetic problems.”

Finish what?

Soon, Amelia found out what she needed to finish.

In front of Jonny, James held her waist tightly, not saying a word, just hugging her and then exchanging glances with Jonny.

Jonny was probably feeling uncomfortable, glancing at them several times before coldly asking, “Why did you invite me for a meal?”

James casually replied, “To thank you for the gift your sister gave to both of us.”

No matter how he looked at it, James didn’t seem like he was thankful. Instead, it seemed like he was using this as an opportunity to assert his dominance.

But why was he asserting his dominance in front of Jonny? Did James really figure something out?

Was his attraction that obvious?

Thinking about this possibility, Jonny agitated. He knew Amelia was a married woman, so why did he feel attracted to her every time he saw her?

He still hadn’t realized what this feeling was, but just looking at James’ hand on Amelia’s waist made him feel uncomfortable, very uncomfortable.

He wanted to rush over, remove James’ hand, yes, that’s right, he wanted to remove that hand, and then take Amelia….

When these words appeared in his mind, Jonny gradually realized that his emotions were not right.

Just as he was pondering why he had such thoughts, James suddenly spoke up, “Jonny, have you visited my new house for wedding yet?”

Jonny cleared his cluttered mind and glanced at him, “What’s so interesting about your new house?”

James smirked, a hint of mystery in his smile. “You’ll know once you see it.”

Ignoring whether Jonny was willing or not, James let go of Amelia and motioned for her to solve the math problem first before leading the way.

Jonny followed behind him with a dark expression, checking out the study, the guest room, and the garden.

James deliberately avoided taking him to certain private areas, but Jonny still caught glimpses of traces inside.