Chapter 156

Did Eva delete him and is still ignoring him? Does this mean she has completely moved on from him emotionally?

After coming down the stairs, Amelia saw James and paused briefly before walking past him and heading straight toward Ryan.

As she brushed past him, James reached out his hand, but abruptly stopped when he realized she was heading to see Ryan.

He turned around and looked at the woman walking towards Ryan with a determined stride, holding the train of her wedding dress.

His already battered and bloodied heart suddenly hurt so much that he couldn't breathe.

Amelia, so in the end, no matter what, you will still choose him without hesitation when he appears, right?

What am I then?

James' hand holding the lychee rose drooped down weakly.

Originally, no matter how hard he tried, he couldn't beat Ryan.

Even if he was willing to sacrifice his life for her, he could never compare to the young man in her heart.

The people who came to attend the wedding saw James suddenly turn as pale as a ghost, as if his soul had been sucked out of him.

They looked at the woman who walked up to Ryan with some resentment. James loved her so much, why did she treat him like this?

If she can't let go of her first love, then she shouldn't accept James' proposal! Why would she wait until the wedding day to humiliate James like this?

Amelia had no idea what was going through the person's mind behind her. She walked up to Ryan and handed him the document exactly as it was.

"Ryan, I know you want to give me the best things. But the best things, you already gave me in the past."

"I cannot and will not accept these a*sets. I already owe you more than I can repay. Please don't let me owe you even more, okay?"

After Amelia finished speaking, she turned around and looked at James' back. For the first time, she gathered the courage to admit her love for him in front of Ryan.

"Ryan, I know what I'm about to say is cruel, but I'm truly sorry. I love James, and I'm willing to give my life for him."

Giving up one's life...

Ryan kept murmuring these words to himself in his mind.

She helped him block the sulfuric acid at their wedding because she loved him so much that she was willing to sacrifice her life for him.

He used to be unable to distinguish whether Amelia loved him more or loved James more, but now he has figured it out.

Ryan reached out to take the file bag, lifted his reddened eyes, looked at Amelia, and smiled lightly.

"When I saw you walking towards me after crossing James, I thought maybe you had changed your mind and wanted to come with me."

"But deep down in my heart, there's always a voice telling me that it's impossible, the person my Amelia loves is no longer me."

As Ryan spoke, his smile grew deeper, as if he were telling someone else's story.

"Mrs. Evans, I have long known that you love him very much. You don't have to feel guilty for accepting the wedding gift I gave you, as it was meant for Mr. Evans."

James Evan helped him regain control of the Collins Group.

Without him, this disabled man in a wheelchair would not have been able to reclaim these assets.