Chapter 119

Under the dim streetlights, the man with a well-built figure wrapped his arms around the petite woman, giving her a deep kiss.

Amelia was forced to raise her chin to meet his frantic, wanton kiss, and stared at him lightly with her clear and bright eyes.

"James."

Taking advantage of the moment his lips parted slightly, Amelia took the opportunity to push him away.

"What are you doing?"

When James, who was immersed in the kiss, heard her question, he immediately held back the desire in him.

"I'm sorry."

He let go of her slender waist and took a step back, trying to distance himself from her but happened to stumble a little.

Fortunately, there was a car behind him, which allowed him to lean against the sturdy door...

The headaches he had been suffering from over the past few days made him couldn't help raising his fingers, wanting to rub his temples to ease the pain.

Despite that, when he saw the woman in front of him, he raised his hand to touch her short hair instead.

He resisted the piercing pain and said to her in a hoarse voice, "Amelia, the car is for you. I'm not taking it back. It doesn't matter if you don't want to drive it now. When you do, you can."

After he finished speaking, he quickly withdrew his fingers and took out the car key before placing it in her palm. He murmured, "I'll go back first. You should rest early. I will come pick you up tomorrow."

As for what he was picking her up for, he didn't say. He just braced himself, turned around, and speedily walked toward the other end of the villa.

Without even daring to turn his head, he opened the car door and got into the car. He hurriedly grabbed a bottle of painkillers. and dumped a few pills out before swallowing them.

Having calmed down a little, he raised his eyelashes and looked through the window at the woman who was still standing in front of the car. She was looking at him from afar.

When he saw her, he suddenly remembered something. He took out his phone, and sent her a message.

"Amelia, open the trunk."

He had put on a good act. Amelia couldn't tell that anything was wrong with him; she just thought that he had walked away so quickly because he was worried that she wouldn't accept the car.

She stood where she was, staring at him, thinking about how to return the car to him. While she was thinking about it, her phone vibrated.

She opened it and glanced at the text. After being dazed for two seconds, she went around to the back of the car, picked up the car key and unlocked the trunk.

It slowly lifted up and the scent of roses wafted into her nostrils. A light pink bouquet immediately came into view.

Amelia stared at the bouquet of flowers blankly for a while, then slowly lowered her eyelashes to hide the sadness that was quietly stained in her eyes.

She raised her hand and touched the beautiful flowers.

Once upon a time, she had asked him for light pink roses.

However, he had told her that she didn't deserve them.

The moment she saw that bouquet, her eyes suddenly watered.

She raised her head and forced back her tears, looking at the car parked in the distance.

She didn't dare go over and question him. She just picked up her phone and sent him a message.