Chapter 166

At that time, Edith was standing at the door, she wouldn't feel pain for Anthony anymore once she got disappointed enough.

Now she no longer felt pain for him. Instead, she could face him calmly, even looking at him with a smile of relief in her eyes.

Anthony felt heartbroken when he saw that smile, knowing that no matter what he did, he couldn't win her back.

"I'm sorry."

After he apologized sincerely, he turned around and left with unsteady steps.

Edith stared at his back, the relieved smile in her eyes becoming even deeper.

Her parents found out that she had been mistreated by a man while abroad and forced them to break up.

After the breakup, Anthony quickly moved on and started a new relationship, while Edith...

Trapped in a villa abroad by her parents, she lived in great misery, but he had never come to see her even once.

Edith also read much scandalous news about Anthony and many women.

During that time, Edith curled up in a corner and cried until her eyes were almost blind, before finally getting over it.

She finally managed to move on, and Anthony, for some reason, regretted it and came to her every day.

The most frequent words he had said to her were, "I'm sorry."

Edith was tired of listening to it, but he still didn't give up.

She knew that Anthony had been repentant and apologizing, hoping for her to say "It's okay."

But after all, harm couldn't be erased. Edith couldn't forgive him no matter what.

Edith withdrew her gaze from Anthony's indifferent stare and shifted it towards Eva and Jayden, who standing beside her.

"Are you...?"

Edith knew Jayden, the famous doctor in her brother's hospital and she wondered why he and Eva were together, holding hands.

"Miss Evans, let me introduce you. This is my boyfriend, Jayden."

Eva didn't try to hide anything and introduced Jayden to Paul's sister in a straightforward and open manner.

Regarding the incident where Edith was harassed by a man at the airport, the wise Edith didn't mention it at all.

Edith was taken aback by Eva's words and thought, "You have a boyfriend. What should my brother do then?"

Edith thought about her own past experiences and quickly empathized with the feelings of Eva.

None of the women in the world could bear to see her boyfriend embrace multiple women at the same time.

Although Paul was slightly better than Anthony, he was still a playboy at heart.

Since becoming an adult, he had changed girlfriends like changing clothes.

Upon thinking about it, Edith bit back her words and politely nodded her head toward Eva.

"Ms. Miller, you have good taste. When do you plan to get married?"

Edith asked tentatively, probing for more information.

She could tell that her brother still had feelings for Ms. Miller.

It was not that Edith wanted to help her brother. She just wanted to remind her brother once things went on too quickly.