Chapter 147

Seeing Aaron in such torment, Casare smiled.

Euphoric, he enjoyed seeing Aaron suffering as he felt he had avenged himself.

Casare took a gun from his waist, pressed it against Aaron's injured thigh, and then thrust it hard into the bloody wound.

Covered in a cold sweat, Aaron's face was pale from the pain, but he gritted his teeth and stared at Casare with his bloodshot eyes.

Staring back, Casare smiled condescendingly, and then spoke casually.

"Aaron, do you know that I had hoped you would kill yourself after Skender's death? But you didn't, so I could only use your daughter to plot against you..."

He sighed regretfully.

"I actually liked Grace very much, and I treated her well. But she is not my daughter, and she now cares about you after only spending eights month with you, even though I took care of her for five years!"

"I was the one who raised her, but she likes you more. It was the same with Skender, who ended up loving you even though I met
her first. But why? You weren't even good to them!"

Casare's eyes also gradually turned red, "I really don't get it..."

He wondered why they had liked Aaron more, even though he treated them so well.

And in his mind, the same goes for the Johnson family, he was already a nobody who lived in a small cage.

Why did they have to chase him away when Aaron was born? If he refused, he would have been beaten to death.

Didn't he deserve to live and be loved?

Thinking of this, Casare's bloodshot eyes gradually turned gloomy.

He snapped his fingers, and the giant screen went dark, and the theater lights were turned on again.

A bodyguard carried Grace through the door from outside.

Withdrawing his gun, Casare looked condescendingly at Aaron. who had lost his will to live.

"Now that you're clear about the past, it's time to play a game of life and death with your daughter!"

Grace saw the scary sight of Aaron tied to a chair with gunshot wounds on both legs, dripping with blood.

She quickly struggled off the bodyguard, ran to Casare with her short legs, and tugged at his trouser leg.

"Daddy, I've asked the doctor to come over. Can you let him take a look at Strange Uncle's legs?"

She saw Aaron was pale and trembling all over, but had no idea if it was because he was upset with her father or was hurting.

She only knew that seeing him so made her sad and distressed.

The Strange Uncle she knew always had his hands in his pockets leisurely and looked cool, and he had never been so helpless before.

She hoped that her father would spare him and let the doctor treat his wounds. If not, she feared that he would lose blood to death.

Casare lowered his head and glanced at the little girl as she tugged at his trouser leg, and a gentle smile gradually formed on his face.

"Grace, play a game with Daddy, and I'll let the doctor treat his legs, okay?"

"Okay."

Grace nodded obediently.

Casare picked Grace up and handed her the gun in his hand, "Do you still remember how to shoot?"

Grace nodded again, "I do."