Chapter 26

Eva replied quickly:
[Amelia, you have to remember that you are the younger sister I have watched growing up and my family since childhood. If you find anything unusual, you must tell me. Otherwise, my heartfelt dedication to you for so many years would be in vain.]

When Amelia saw this, she couldn't help but smile. Eva trusted her wholeheartedly, so she wouldn't blame her for being reckless.

She replied, "Okay, I'll do as you say." Then she sent another good night emoji. After that, she put down her phone and went to sleep.

The next afternoon, she was awakened by a dozen calls and took out her phone from under the pillow in a daze.

"Ms. Garcia, Are you awake?"

Hearing Jackson's crisp and pleasant voice, Amelia struggled to open her eyes.

"What's the matter, Mr. Collins?"

"Do you feel better?"

Amelia responded with a "hmm."

Jackson was disappointed to feel how indifferent she was, but he quickly adjusted his emotions.

"Ms. Garcia, the Collins Group is holding a celebration party tonight. Can I invite you to be my female companion?"

Amelia was stunned for a moment and refused without hesitation. "I don't want to go."

Jackson was not angry at being rejected. Instead, he said gently, "Just take it as you're here to take care of me, okay?"

"Mr. Collins, it's enough for Zoey to take care of you. Why do you have to ask me to go?" Amelia said lightly.

Jackson explained in a gentle voice, "Zoey made a small mistake and was sent back to Imperial Capital by me.

Amelia thought that Jackson would return to Imperial Capital after the bidding, but she didn't expect that he wouldn't leave and even drive his assistant away.

She frowned and asked, "Mr. Collins, are you not returning to the Imperial Capital?"

Hearing her question, Jackson's disappointment deepened. "Do you want me to return to the Imperial Capital?"

Of course, Amelia hoped he would return to Imperial Capital as soon as possible, or she had to keep treating him.

She didn't want to waste her time on Jackson, especially since she was almost lying down waiting to die.

However, she would not say that out loud. There was nothing to say to Jackson.

Jackson knew what she thought when he saw her remain silent.

He smiled bitterly and said lowly, "I'll return after the celebration banquet."

After that, he asked Amelia pleadingly, "Will you accompany me to the celebration banquet tonight?"

Hearing that he would go back as soon as the celebration banquet was over, Amelia agreed.

She got up, took some medicine, changed into loose clothes, covered her pale face with cosmetics, and then went downstairs.

Jackson had already parked the car downstairs. When he saw her coming out of the elevator, he quickly pushed open the driver's door and walked over to her.

He took the bag from her hand like a gentleman and opened the passenger door.

Amelia felt a little uncomfortable in the face of his consideration, but she didn't say anything. She pursed her lips and got into the car.

She fastened her seat belt and looked out of the window, only to see a Bugatti parked not far away.

Seeing this model of a car, Amelia thought of James.
When he drove alone, his favorite car to drive was Bugatti.