Chapter 149

According to the information he had, Skender's younger sister was just an orphan without any influence.

"But why is she accompanied by so many bodyguards like a royal family member?"

Being astonished, Baird asked, "Whose wife is she?"

He did not need to bother much with her if she was just an orphan, but if she had married into a wealthy family, he would need to put in some effort to persuade her.

However, Baird thought that as long as she had not married into the Evans family here, he wouldn't need to take her too seriously.

The tall and sturdy Andrew stood in front of Amelia and said condescendingly, "She's the wife of James Evans, the CEO of Evans Group."

Taken aback for a few seconds, Baird gradually let out a look of disbelief, "Ms. Garcia is married to Mr. Evans? How come I haven't heard about their marriage?"

Andrew said coldly, "Their wedding will be held soon. Mr. Johnson, I advise you not to offend Mr. Evans' wife at this juncture."

A hint of embarrassment appeared on Baird's gentle face, "We're just discussing where my son should be buried. How would I offend her?"

"With the backing of the Evans Group, no wonder Ms. Garcia spoke so firmly. However, she's only so confident because of her future husband." He thought.

Baird somehow looked down on Amelia, thinking that she was just like her sister, who had nothing and only clung to Aaron all her life, causing so much trouble and Aaron's death even after she died. "What's so good about women like this?" He wondered.

Amelia could sense Baird's disdain for her, but her mind was not on this at all, so she didn't say much except, "Mr. Johnson, please. think about my suggestion and give me a reply within four hours."

In four hours, James' plane should have arrived in Ireland, and she could then decide whether to join him.

As Aaron was his son, Baird didn't need to ask Amelia's permission to claim the body. He only invited her over to tell her of their decision because Aaron told her his last wish, and he was going to take the body back whether she agreed or not. However, if she was the woman James Evans going to marry soon, things. would get complicated.

Baird told his wife about the situation and asked her to make a decision. "We either let Skender be buried in the family cemetery and acknowledge her as our daughter-in-law, or take Aaron's body away by force against the wish of the future wife of the Evans Group's president. What do you think?"

Hearing that Amelia was the fiance of the Evans Group's president, Jocelyn was taken aback for a moment, "You're saying she is the future wife of James Evans?"

Baird nodded impatiently, "I also thought she was a nobody, but she turned out to be his fiance."

Wiping her tears, Jocelyn's hand trembled slightly, "Do you know who gave birth to her and Skender?"

Baird did not care about this, "Who cares who their mother is? It has nothing to do with me..."

"You're right, but it has something to do with me! If not, why wouldn't I let our son marry Skender despite how much he liked her?" Jocelyn wanted to tell her husband.

She thought she didn't need to worry about Amelia because she was a nobody who knew nothing and didn't expect her to be engaged to such a powerful man.

"Could it be that some secrets simply cannot be kept from others?" Jocelyn wondered.

Shivering all over in fear, Jocelyn tightened her embrace of her son's cold body as it lay on the tray.