Chapter 38

Stella put the coat in a high-end paper bag and carried it to the villa.

She pushed open the door of the study. The afterglow of the setting sun shone through the French windows and sprinkled on the man's body, covering it with a layer of faint golden light.

The man was tall and straight, and his back was proud and aloof. His face could not be seen clearly, but a thin cigarette was between his fingers.

Faint smoke lingered around him, making him look noble, mysterious, and restrained.

Stella glanced at the pile of cigarette butts in the trash can and frowned slightly.

She remembered that James didn't smoke, and she didn't know when he got addicted to smoking.

Naturally, Stella had no right to interfere in his business. She knocked on the door.

"Come in."

The man did not even turn his head. He spat out indifferently as if he was uninterested.

Stella walked over with the paper bag. "Mr. Evans, Ms. Garcia asked me to return this to you."

Stella handed the paper bag to him. Only then did James turn around and glance at her.

"Throw it away."

James looked indifferent, as if he had abandoned something he did not care about.

"Yes."

Stella turned to leave with the paper bag.

Stella had guessed that James would ask her to throw it away, but she still came here. She didn't dare to dispose of his things at will.

When she walked out the door and was about to throw the paper bag into a large trash can, the man's indifferent voice suddenly came from behind her.

"Put it there."

Stella looked back at him, but he didn't look at her. He still had his back on her.

He stood under the afterglow and gently smoked with his slender fingers.

He seemed to be very annoyed, but he was contradictory. He couldn't explain why.

Stella couldn't figure out what he was thinking. She returned to the study with the paper bag and put it on the sofa.

"Mr. Evans, I'll go back to the hospital first."

The man nodded slightly. After Stella left, he turned around to take a look.

It was just a coat she had worn, but it made him, who had always been decisive, hesitate.

He threw away the cigarette irritably, picked up the clothes, and rubbed it.

Her body temperature seemed still there, which made him reluctant to let go of her.

Realizing this, James's face darkened.

He threw away the coat and opened another box of cigarettes irritably.