Chapter 88

James' voice was cold and distant, as if he was just there to give her the bouquet of flowers, and he had no other intentions.

Amelia wanted to drive him away, but when she saw him with a pale face and scarlet eyes, she suddenly couldn't say those cruel words to him.

Treating him like this was already cruel enough...

Amelia stared at James blankly, neither accepting the flowers nor speaking, and for a moment, the room was filled with silence.

James looked at her deeply for a while, then lowered his thick eyelashes. He then raised his slender fingers, and took her hand.

He gently opened her clenched fingers, put the bouquet of flowers into her palm, and said to her, "The time has come. I will send you off now."

He picked up the wedding shoes on the ground and put them on for her.

Amelia quickly withdrew her foot, and there was a helpless expression on her face.

"James, don't be like this..."

He smiled, but the smile made him look sad and pitiful.

Without saying anything, he grabbed her feet, forced the wedding shoes on them. Then, he turned around and squatted on the spot.

He turned his head slightly and looked at Amelia.

"I heard that on the day of the bride's wedding, the wedding shoes cannot touch the ground. The bride's older or younger brother should carry her downstairs. You don't have brothers, so let me be your brother and carry you downstairs..."

Amelia looked at his broad back and she held back her tears that welled up in her eyes. At that moment, her vision was instantly blurred...

James was afraid that if he looked at her again, he would lose his mind. Being rational, he forced himself to turn his head and suppressed the tears in his eyes.

From the corner of his eye, he saw that it was ten o'clock. He turned around, stretched out his slender hands, and hugged Amelia.

After holding her tightly, he lowered his head and said to her, "Carrying you is the same..."

Amelia refused it and struggled to get down, but James stopped walking.

Looking at her, he said, "Amelia, can you be good?"

Be good and let him do this last thing for her.

Amelia shook her head desperately at him.

"I don't want you to send me off..."

He sighed deeply and weakly. "Are you afraid that Ryan will see us?"

Amelia didn't respond. Instead, she begged, "Let me go, please..."

James held her tightly, and there was an unyielding look in his eyes.

"I said that I will send you off, and I will do it."

He added, "Don't worry, I won't let him see it."

She loved Ryan so much, so how could he do something that would cause an estrangement between them.

Amelia still resisted, but James lifted her into his arms, and held her tightly, not letting her move.

Regardless of her wishes, he insisted on carrying her and walked downstairs step by step...

When Eva saw them, her eyes couldn't help but go well...

How much courage did it take to send someone he loved to another man?