Chapter 144

"Auntie..."

The sweet and tender voice of Grace came through the screen, warming Amelia's heart.

"Grace, do you miss me?"

"Yes......"

After Grace nodded, she lifted her phone and turned it in the direction behind her.

Then she flung herself in front of the screen, covered her mouth with her little hand and whispered, "Auntie, Strange Uncle took me to the cemetery and I saw your picture here."

"But, Strange Uncle said it isn't you in the picture, it's my mum."

"Auntie, is that really my mother lying under that tombstone?"

Grace batted her thin and slightly curled eyelashes, and looked innocently at Amelia on the screen.

At the sight of Grace's innocent little face, there was a moment when Amelia's heart felt a wrenching pain.

It was unclear whether she was sympathizing with Grace or her sister's heart was breaking after seeing her daughter.

She raised her hand and covered her heart, which was so painful that it made her breathless. With a trembling voice, she comforted Grace, "Your Strange Uncle is lying to you, don't believe him."

Grace was relieved to receive Amelia's answer, and even her chubby little face relaxed.

"Dad said that my mum had gone to heaven, and she would come back to see me when I was five years old."

"Although she didn't come when I celebrated my fifth birthday, I think she'll be back to see me."

Amelia forced a smile and asked Grace, "Do you know what heaven is?"

Grace patted her chest and nodded, "Of course I know. Dad told me that heaven is a place where people who are like angels stay. He also said that only good-looking people can go to heaven..."

Thinking of good-looking people, Grace suddenly remembered the man she used to meet who was better looking than a movie star.

When she thought of George saying he was Amelia's future husband, she suddenly became excited and giggled coming close to the screen.

"Auntie, Auntie, George says you're getting married soon, are you going to have a baby as beautiful as Uncle James?"

Amelia couldn't help but smiled when she saw that only Grace's mouth and teeth were left on the entire screen, "Yes."

Grace held the phone, raised her hand and made a "yeah" gesture, "Yeah, that's great! I'll have a good-looking little brother!"

Amelia wanted to ask Grace why the baby to be born was a brother and not a sister, but then she heard Grace exclaim, "A good-looking person like Uncle James should stay in heaven like my mum."

Amelia's heart tightened. Although it was just an innocent child's unintentional words, such ominous words still made her heart skip a beat, "Grace, Uncle James still has a lot of things to do, he won't go to heaven for the time being, don't say things like that in the future."

Seeing that her aunt did not seem very happy, the observant Grace hurriedly put away her excited expression, lowered her head and said carefully, "Auntie, I'm sorry."

Seeing Grace's loss, Amelia suddenly felt guilty, "Grace, I spoke too harshly just now, don't take it to heart."

Grace's personality was sensitive but also generous, "Auntie, I don't mind, but... I think I understand what heaven is all about."