Chapter 30

After she finished speaking, James's face suddenly turned cold.

"I said I would cure you, so don't refuse me."

With a cold face, he pulled the quilt to cover her, picked up the report again, and sat next to her.

His thick, long eyelashes drooped down, covering his big, dark beautiful eyes, making it difficult for people to discern what emotions were hidden beneath them.

But there was a faint hint of anxiety lurking between his furrowed brows, so slight that it would be hard to discern if one didn't look carefully.

James had always been good at controlling his emotions. Amelia couldn't see through him, so she couldn't be bothered to guess and lay on her side.

They rarely got along so quietly. It seemed that in the past five years, he had never been with her in this way.

From time to time, Amelia would wonder what kind of position she occupied in his heart.

Why did he always come to her after they parted if she was just a substitute?

This time, he even snatched her away from Jackson in front of so many people.

After being separated for so long, could it be that it was still due to his mental cleanliness and discomfort in his heart that he acted this way?

Or... in his heart, he liked her a little.

Amelia didn't dare to mention the word "love." A man like James would never fall in love with someone so easily.

While she was lost in her thoughts, the phone vibrating interrupted her.

James took out his phone and looked at the number on the screen before answering the call.

"Mr. Evans."

Andrew's respectful voice came from the other end.

"The surveillance footage is done. No one else will know about Ms. Garcia's existence."

"Also, after you left with Ms. Garcia yesterday, Jackson fainted on the spot, so I had to take him to the hospital."

"Well," James responded flatly. "Is he awake?"

Andrew replied, "He just woke up and clamored to see Ms. Garcia..."

"No way," James interrupted him coldly.

Andrew was in a dilemma. "Mr. Evans, after all, he is the president of the Collins Group. Now that they have been looking for him, I can't keep sending people to lock him up..."

The implicit meaning behind Andrew's words was that he could withstand the pressure and temporarily lock Jackson up, but he couldn't lock him up forever.

After thinking for a few seconds, James finally said, "Let him go."

Then, he hung up the phone and looked up at Amelia, who was sizing him up.

In fact, Amelia had already guessed whom he was referring to, so she didn't ask.

It would be fine if he were willing to let go of Jackson. When she recovered a little, she would go to Jackson to thank him.

James stared at the IV drip for a long time. It wasn't until all the liquid in the bottle had been injected that he pulled out the syringe for her.

Amelia glanced at the three bottles of medicine next to her. It seemed that she was going to receive the infusion bottle by bottle.

But James pulled out the needle for her. Did he not want her to get an IV drip?

While she was full of doubts, James suddenly lifted her quilt and picked her up from the bed.