Chapter 39

39Men were not allowed to enter the gynecology department. After sending the pregnant woman in. Daniel planned to sit and wait in the rest area.

Unexpectedly, as soon as he turned around, he met Amelia's sad eyes. He was shocked and took a few steps back to stabilize himself.

"Amelia, why are you here?"

"What about you? Didn't you go to your hometown to pay off your debts? Why are you here?"

Hearing Amelia's question, Daniel panicked. He probably didn't expect Amelia to know he had returned to his hometown.

But when he thought that Eva and Amelia were as close as sisters, Eva naturally told her everything, which made him a little unhappy.

They were already married, but Eva had told Amelia everything about them, which made him careful every time.

After a moment of panic, Daniel quickly calmed down and explained to Amelia without batting an eyelid.

"I went back to my hometown to pay the debt. I met my sister who was not feeling well, so I immediately took her to the big hospital to look."

Daniel's hometown was in the suburbs of Arcadia. A three-hour drive was enough. It made sense, but...

"Your sister?"

How come she had never heard that Daniel had a younger sister?

Daniel pointed at the woman waiting in the obstetrics and gynecology department. "It's her. She's pregnant, so it's inconvenient for her to attend the wedding. You may not have seen her before. Eva knows her. I guess she forgot to tell you."

There was a hint of sarcasm in Daniel's last sentence, as if mocking that their relationship was not that firm.

Hearing what he said, Amelia didn't ask any more questions. However, how she looked at Daniel was no longer as gentle as before.

Amelia walked in the direction of the elevator. After entering, she did not close the door in time. Instead, she hid in the corner and looked toward the obstetrics and gynecology department.

Thinking that Amelia had left, Daniel waved to the pregnant woman. The woman immediately came out.

After saying something, the pregnant woman shook Daniel's hand as if she was acting like a spoiled child. As for Daniel, he scratched her nose.

Their behavior was very intimate. They didn't look like siblings at all. Instead, they looked like a couple who had been in love for many years.

Amelia also recorded this scene and then sent a message to Eva to ask her about the things of Daniel's sister.

Eva quickly replied, "He does have a younger sister, but I haven't seen her before. What's wrong?"

Amelia typed quickly, "Nothing. I met Daniel at the hospital and saw him taking her to the obstetrics and gynecology department."

When Eva saw this, her face darkened. "The obstetrics and gynecology department? Isn't he in his hometown?"

As Daniel said, Amelia explained it to Eva, and Eva's face softened a little.

But Amelia also felt that Daniel didn't tell Eva he was back and even took his sister to the hospital. He obviously didn't want Eva to know.

It was so strange. Why didn't he dare to let Eva know it?

Eva asked Amelia, "Which hospital are you in?"

After getting the location, Eva replied, "Okay." Then Eva turned off her phone, took out her car key, and went straight to the hospital.