Chapter 177

James furrowed his brow and agreed, “Go ahead.”

Carol spoke slowly, “Your father didn’t commit suicide, and your older brother also died from taking the wrong medicine. That’s all I know. I believe with your abilities, you should be able to uncover the truth.”

After Carol finished speaking, she hung up the phone. James stared at the black screen, lost in thought.

Gloria killed his own mother, but kept James by her side to torture him and get revenge on his father…

James’s father, upon learning of Ashley’s death, died in the fire while trying to save others. Gloria risked his own life to rescue people.

No matter how he thought about it, James couldn’t believe that Gloria would go save his father. At most, she would save his older brother. But Gloria never denied it…

Could his father’s death be related to Gloria? And what about his older brother…

He suddenly remembered that Emily had once said that she was the only one who knew the truth about his older brother’s death.

Illegitimate child, cousin, father and older brother’s deaths, all of these things piled up and gave him a headache.

He raised his slender fingers and pressed them against his temples, rubbing hard, but the pain wouldn’t go away…

The doctor warned him that his brain disease could easily recur and that he should not overwork himself, but now he is exhausted.

He slumped in his chair, staring at the dusty drawer for a long time before suddenly opening it and taking out a box of cigarettes…

Upon waking up, Amelia instinctively reached out to hug James, but found nothing there. She ran her fingers over the soft bedsheet, feeling the coldness.

She opened her eyes and didn’t see James. She quickly turned on the bedside lamp and checked the time. It was four in the morning and he hadn’t come back to rest.

Amelia got out of bed and searched upstairs and downstairs, but couldn’t find him. Finally, she found him sitting on a wooden chair in the garden.

As far as she knew, he had quit smoking a long time ago. But at this moment, the man sitting in the flower garden was holding a slender cigarette between his long fingers.

Amidst the swirling smoke, a half-lit face appeared, like an eagle lurking in the darkness, emitting an aura that makes people afraid to approach.

Amelia didn’t go over to disturb him, but stood silently in the distance, keeping him company…

It’s unclear how many cigarettes James had smoked, but eventually he took out his phone and made a call.

Zack, who was on standby, saw Mr. Shawn called and quickly went to a place without surveillance to answer it.

“Sir, I’m still investigating Jonny’s purpose for looking for Skender. Recently, Gigi has developed a great deal of trust in me, so I believe I’ll be able to find out soon.”

Zack immediately reported the progress without waiting for Mr. Shawn to ask.

However, he felt a bit aggrieved that he had given up his virginity to gain Gigi’s trust.

Zack could already imagine how angry Jonny would be if he found out that Zack had slept with his sister.

But it didn’t matter to Zack. He wasn’t afraid. He could just marry Gigi since he didn’t have a wife anyway.

James was even more troubled when he thought about Jonny’s situation, but he controlled his emotions and said coldly:

“I am calling you to ask about something else.”