Chapter 8

The Collins Group had always been professional. Jackson didn’t have to worry about their strength, so he nodded and said, “Of course, it depends on our strength.”

Seeing that his president had relented, Mr. Smith also chimed in. “Ms. Moore, the Collins Group has stopped the Elite International Corporation’s project. It was all done privately by my men. Please don’t take it to heart. I have already punished them.”

Of course, Emily didn’t believe what he said, but she didn’t embarrass the people of Collins Group on the spot.

Instead, she said, “In that case, let’s turn hostility into friendship. We can cooperate well and help each other in the future.”

After that, Emily picked up her glass and toasted Jackson and Mr. Smith. After she finished it, she smiled, “Then let’s go back first. See you at the bidding.”

The main reason why Emily dared to end the meal directly was that James was impatient.

Although the Collins Group and the Evans Group were equally influential in the country, the Evans Group was one of the leading enterprises in the Asia market.

The members of the Collins Group wouldn’t have any objections to her just because she had asked them to leave.

Instead, they all looked at James.

If this indifferent man did not leave, they would not dare to get up first.

“Let’s go,” James said flatly. Then, he left together with Emily hand by hand.

Everyone was stunned when they saw that the man rumored to be indifferent to women took the initiative to hold Emily’s hand.

The relationship between them seemed more intimate than they had imagined.

They didn’t know if the West city project would fall into the hands of the Elite International Corporation because of this relationship.

This was what the people of Collins Group were most worried about. Otherwise, they would not have taken extreme measures to target the Elite International Corporation.

Hearing the sound of the door opening, Amelia immediately stood up.

James held Emily’s hand and walked out of the room.

Seeing their fingers clasped together, Amelia’s eyelashes fluttered slightly.

She wanted to pretend nothing had happened and look away.

But when she lowered her eyes, she couldn’t help but look at his hand wrapped around Emily’s.

James grabbed her so tightly. It seemed that the people he grabbed were vital to him.

She remembered that she had accidentally bumped into his arms and was disgusted by him.

Amelia’s heart tightened a little as if it had been entangled by vines, making it difficult for her to breathe.

She had fantasized countless times that James would hold her hand like this one day, but it was all just a fantasy.

He couldn’t hold her hand in public. This was the difference between her and Emily.

When the two of them passed by her, Emily suddenly stopped.

She reminded Amelia, “Amelia, remember to send Mr. Collins is back at the hotel.”

Amelia forced herself to come back to her senses and nodded. “Okay.”

Only then did Emily hold onto James’s arm with a smile and walk towards the elevator.