Chapter 101

James led Amelia to the top floor of the hotel.

It was a French restaurant. Sitting there, they had a panoramic view of the nighttime scenery.

He seemed to have booked the entire restaurant. There was a group of waiters in tuxedos and bow ties, serving only them.

The energetic French manager, who was dressed in a suit and leather shoes, sat down on the terrace in front of them. He leaned over and handed them an extremely luxurious menu.

James took it and placed it in front of Amelia. "What do you want to eat, Amelia?"

Amelia opened the menu. When she saw that it was all in French, she looked a bit constipated.

She couldn't understand it at all. A subconscious trace of embarrassment appeared on her fair face, and her flustered hands tucked her hair behind her hair.

James, who was sitting across from her, quickly stretched out his slender fingers to take the menu.

He didn't know what she liked to eat, so he wanted her to order for herself. However, it seemed that he hadn't been considerate enough.

James felt a little guilty. He glanced at Amelia, but didn't say anything.

He turned his head to the French manager and used English to order. After ordering the appetizer and the main course, looked at Amelia again.

"Amelia, do you want macarons or egg tarts for dessert?"

He gave her a choice in an attempt to divert her attention so that she wouldn't feel so ashamed.

She whispered, "Egg tarts..."

She liked food that was soft and sweet, and egg tarts happened to be her favorite.

James nodded gently. He closed the menu and signaled for the French manager to leave.

On the unique, French-style dining table, a few flickering candles shone dimly on their faces.

The dim light made James, who was wearing a white shirt with a slightly open neckline, look extremely noble and mysterious.

Holding a wine glass with one hand, he leaned on the leather sofa. With a pair of deep eyes that seemed to hold constellations in them, he stared at the woman across from him.

Amelia kept her head down. She stared at her fingers without saying a word. Perhaps it was the environment that made her feel pressured and nervous.

James stared at her for a while, then suddenly raised his hand and snapped his fingers. The manager immediately came over.

"Yes, sir?"

He whispered a few words to the manager in French this time, which Amelia didn't understand.

Moments later, however, a famous cellist came to the restaurant.

The cellist didn't dare to come over. He simply nodded to them, then sat in the dining room and started to play.

Slow and relaxing music could be heard, which made Amelia's tense nerves slowly relax...

Seeing that she was no longer on edge, James raised his fingers. He grabbed her hand, which was on the table.

He didn't say anything and just held her tightly, as if he was holding a treasure that he was reluctant to let go of.

He didn't let go until the waiters served the French dishes one by one...

When Amelia bowed her head to eat quietly, James made a mental note of everything she ate.

In the past, he would get frustrated with her and wage a cold war against her. He hardly paid attention to what she liked, which was a pity.