Chapter 45

Paul's handsome face darkened. "What do you mean?"

Eva glared at him, turned around, and ran away without saying anything.

When Paul came to his senses, she had already run away.

Paul was so angry that his face turned livid. He kicked the luxury car.

He wanted to vent his anger but kicked an iron plate, and his toes cracked!

Paul was carried into the emergency room with the doctor's and assistant's help.

When she heard from the nurse that Amelia had woken up, Stella immediately came to the VIP ward with the stethoscope.

Stella went forward to check on Amelia's condition. When she found no sign of infection on the back of her head, Stella breathed a sigh of relief.

"Ms. Garcia, the back of your head has been operated on. We need to observe if it's infected. There won't be any big problems, but..."

Stella paused for a moment and looked at Amelia with some regret. "Your heart is getting worse. I'm afraid you won't be able to hold on for much longer."

Amelia had long known about her physical condition, so she didn't care. "How long... can I hold on?"

Stella put her hands into her pockets and stared at her pale face. "A week or so."

If Amelia hadn't suffered such a severe injury, she could live another two months.

But the back of her head was pierced by a nail, causing her heart to accelerate. It was already a medical miracle that she could hold on for another week.

Stella couldn't help but gasp when she thought of the scene of the nail on the back of her head.

"Ms. Garcia, who nailed the back of your head to the nail?"

James only sent a message to Stella, telling her that Sherry, Emily, and he had taken action against Amelia and asked Stella to save Amelia as soon as possible.

But he didn't tell Stella who caused Amelia's injuries.

Stella guessed it might have been caused by a group fight, but she didn't believe James would participate.

Stella didn't know what was happening then, so she could only ask Amelia.

There was a trace of loneliness in Amelia's eyes. Soon, she lowered her long eyelashes to hide them.

Amelia was silent and seemed unwilling to speak, so Stella did not mention it again. She turned around, picked up a paper bag, and handed it to Amelia.

"This is what you left in the mall. A nurse brought it back for you. I put it here for you."

Stella put the paper bag on the bedside table and said softly to Amelia, "Have a good rest. If you feel uncomfortable, ring the bell."

After saying that, she turned around and was about to leave, but Amelia stopped her. "Stella..."

Stella turned around to look at her. "Hm? Are you feeling unwell anywhere?"

Frowning, Amelia looked at the paper bag on the bedside table and said, "There's a bottle of perfume... for you."

Stella was taken aback. She followed Amelia's line of sight and looked at the paper bag. Then, she looked back at her and asked, "You.... went to the mall to buy me perfume?"

Amelia nodded, looking gentle and kind. "You gave me so much medicine. I want to thank you..."

The shock in Stella's eyes gradually turned into gratitude. Tears welled up in her eyes, making her at a loss.