Chapter 19

Amelia's heart began to pound when she met James's cold and distant amorous eyes.

She subconsciously looked away, only to see his hand pinching her waist.

He must have pinched her waist and lifted her up from the sofa.

Now she was half-lying on the sofa, and he was leaning against her. Although he didn't touch her body, their posture was slightly ambiguous.

Amelia stretched out her soft little hand and tried to push him away, but as soon as her hand touched the sleeves of his shirt, she was scolded flatly by him.

"Don't touch me!"

Frightened, Amelia's hands froze, and she dared not take another step.

She obediently withdrew her hand, but she was also a little puzzled. She looked at the hand that was still holding her waist.

He did not allow her to touch him, but he felt her repeatedly. This man was unreasonable!

She didn't dare to look at him. She could only lower her head and ask in a low voice, "Mr. Evans, what can I do for you?"

Her voice was slightly trembling, not knowing if it was because she was afraid or weak.

With a cold expression, he glanced at the man's suit still covering her.

He felt it was an eyesore, so he grabbed the coat and threw it in the trash can.

When Amelia saw the dress being thrown into the trash can accurately, her expression changed slightly.

"Mr. Evans, you came to me just to throw away Mr. Collins's coat?"

Although she didn't know when Jackson had covered her with his jacket, James had gone too far by throwing it into the trash can!

This made her feel that he was crazy!

Why didn't he return to her if he didn't like her? Why did he bully her like this?

Frustrated, Amelia somehow mustered the courage to push him away.

She struggled to get up from the sofa and tried to walk out of the lounge but was pulled back by James.

She threw herself into James's arms like she had hit a wall. She was in so much pain that she was about to cry.

Tears blurred her eyes as she looked at the man who had locked her in his arms.

"Mr. Evans, what are you trying to do?"

There was a faint trace of anger in his indifferent eyes,
"Why did you lie to me?"

He seemed to have endured it for a long time. After he asked this question, his eyes gradually turned scarlet.
"What are you curious about?"

Amelia was confused. "What am I lying to you about?" she thought.

Seeing that she was pretending not to know, James turned to grab the back of her head with his hand.

James pulled her closer to him, lowered his head, and stared into her eyes indifferently.

"You've known Jackson for many years but said you've just met him!"

"You've lied to me repeatedly. Is it fun?"

His eyes were burning with rage, and even his voice was furious.

Frustrated, Amella looked into his eyes, which were filled with anger.

She was afraid of James like this, but she didn't know how to explain it.

That day, Amelia lied to James and said that she had just met Jackson because she was afraid of revealing the past between Jackson and her.