Chapter 12

Amelia took a deep bath, took out her phone, and searched for Jackson's INN.

This was the message she had gotten from his assistant when she booked the room for him yesterday.

The call went through after three rings. Jackson's calm and assertive voice came from the other end of the line.

"Ms. Garcia, what can I do for you?"

Amelia was stunned. How did Jackson know who she was?

"I saved your number yesterday," he said.

Jackson explained simply as if he knew that she was surprised.

Amelia didn't ask any more questions. She went straight to the point, "Mr. Collins, Ms. Moore asked me to entertain you during this period on behalf of our group. Do you have anything to tell me?"

"Entertain me?"

Jackson was a little surprised.

"Yeah," Amelia replied.

Not to mention that Jackson would be surprised if he heard this request. Even Amelia herself was speechless.

After silence, Jackson seemed to have understood something.

He replied, "I'm on a business trip to Arcadia and didn't bring my personal assistant. Could you help me do something like serving tea?"

Amelia thought he would refuse but didn't expect to ask her to be his assistant. Wasn't he afraid that she would have ulterior motives?"

Although she was hesitant, she still replied obediently, "Okay."

Jackson raised his watch and glanced at it. "I have a meeting later. When do you plan to come over, Ms. Garcia?"

After asking for the address, Amelia replied, "I can go there anytime."

Jackson replied with a "well" and hung up the phone.

As soon as Jackson put down his phone. Standing before his desk, Zoey asked worriedly, "Mr. Collins, Ms. Garcia obviously wants to get close to you in the company's name. Why did you agree to let her be your personal assistant?"

Jackson remembered that Amelia had been indifferent last night. Today, she had taken the initiative to entertain him. It was indeed a little strange.

But Jackson was more willing to believe it was because of that photo. Emily mistakenly thought Amelia had something to do with him, so Emily sent Amelia to entertain him. That was why he asked Amelia to be his assistant just now. He didn't want her to be put in
a difficult position by her boss.

However, Zoey, a blockhead, couldn't understand what Jackson was saying, so Jackson didn't explain further.

He only said, "I'm short of people."

Was there a shortage of people?

Mr. Collins brought a lot of people to Arcadia this time.

Although Zoey was the only assistant, he alone could handle all the trivial matters.

It was apparent that Mr. Collins had some feelings for that woman. Otherwise, he wouldn't have saved her and invited her to dinner.

If she became his personal assistant, what would happen to Mr. Collins in the future.

Thinking of this possibility, Zoey was so anxious that he sweated profusely. "Mr. Collins, Ms. Garcia is very dishonest. She is trying to find a way to marry a rich one once Logan Taylor fell from power. You are her biggest target now. You'd better refuse her!"