Chapter 142

James stepped forward and walked outside leaving his words.

Dominic was so angry that he was trembling all over. Leaning on the cane, he gritted his teeth and said, "James, if you don't listen to me, you will regret it!"

James halted and turned his head slightly, glancing at Dominic indifferently, "I regret it a long time ago. I regret not marrying her sooner."

Edith felt that James' words were extremely masculine. She clenched her fists excitedly and made a cheering gesture, "James, I support you!"

However, her support did not catch James' attention. Instead, Dominic gave her a cold gaze and scolded her father, "Nolan, take care of your daughter!"

Nolan swallowed his saliva. He took Edith's hand and spoke boldly, "Dad, you can just leave the children's affairs alone."

Why was he meddling everything at such an old age? He had intervened with his sons' marriage in the past, now he even wanted to control his grandson's marriage.

He always asked people not to fall for someone all day long, but even though he remained emotionless for so many years, it didn't seem like he had better achievement than his grandson who fell for someone. Not to mention that he was not in the same level with James but much poorer.

Seeing that even Nolan didn't listen to him, Dominic felt suffocated and almost passed out from the anger.

What the hell! These descendants were literally not listening to his words anymore and started to oppose him!

Dominic held his chest and gasped for breath in his pale face. Later, his eyes went dark before he completely passed out.

When he woke up, there was only Rebecca's father, his second son, Henry Evans, standing by the bed and serving drinks for him.

Looking at it, Dominic still thought only Henry was filial. Meanwhile, the others were all ingrates!

Henry was sitting in front of the hospital bed and frowning at Dominic.

"Dad, I stay here because I want to say some heartfelt words to you..."

Dominic had just leaned against the head of the bed and taken a sip of water. Hearing that, he frowned tightly.

"If you're here to persuade me, then forget about it!"

"Oh! I didn't come to persuade you."

Before Dominic feeling satisfied by Henry's reply, he heard his next sentence, "I'm here to give yourself some comments."

Dominic slapped the cup in his hand on the bedside table, "There's literally no dutiful son in my house!"

Henry replied nonchalantly, "I'm just wanting to give some comments, what does it have to do with filial piety? It is at most a bit rebellious..."

Dominic could be bothered to talk to his stupid son. He raised his hand and waved at him, "Go back! Don't be an eyesore here."

Henry acted persistent as he shook his head resolutely, "If I don't say it, I will feel very uncomfortable, so just let me say it!"

Dominic raised his finger weakly and caressed his forehead. He then sighed helplessly, "Your head was pinched when you were born, which resulted in your poor intelligence. My father persuaded me at that time to send you away. Now I regret for not doing it!"

Dominic didn't know whether Henry was lucky as he gave birth to such a smart daughter. If it wasn't for Rebecca's sake, he might have kicked out Henry.

On the other side, Henry didn't mind his father for mentioning his poor intelligence, he just argued, "I am as wise as a fool, don't underestimate me."