Chapter 50

Could he have hit and disappointed her, so she had deliberately colluded with these people to lie to him? That had to be the case. Amelia had lied to James several times.

This time, she must have lied to him too!

He comforted himself in this way, but the uneasiness in his heart was gradually magnified, which made him unable to stop being afraid.

He suppressed the wanton pain in his heart, put down his phone, walked to the door, and opened it.

Andrew was worried about his president, so he didn't leave hurriedly and stayed outside the door.

When he saw that James was trembling all over after opening the door, he couldn't help but gasp.

"Mr. Evans, what's wrong with you?"

James raised his blood-red eyes and ordered indifferently, "Call Stella."

He wanted to ask her what was happening, but his hands were trembling, and he couldn't hold his phone firmly.

Andrew quickly took out his phone and called Stella back. The other party was waiting for his call and soon picked it up.

"Hey, Andrew, have you told Mr. Evans?"

Without waiting for Andrew's reply, James said, "There's nothing wrong with the test you gave me except for congenital heart disease. Why did she suddenly become a terminal heart failure?"

Hearing Mr. Evans's questioning voice, Stella was a little scared. "At that time, I asked Ms. Garcia if she wanted to tell you, but she didn't let me. I wanted to follow the patient's wishes and make a fake report for you without permission..."

Hearing this, James flew into a rage. "Why didn't you tell me? Who are you working for?"

It was the first time that Stella had seen James so angry. She lowered her voice and said, "I was going to go against the patient's wishes, but I asked if you cared about Ms. Garcia. You said..."

Stella paused and admitted her mistake. "Mr. Evans, I'm sorry. I thought you didn't care about her life, so I didn't tell you."

A deep sense of powerlessness hit him, causing his offish voice to be tinged with despair. "Stella, it's fine if others don't know, but don't you know my feelings?"

How could he show that he cared?

Could he tell everyone what he cared about?

No.

James had only cared for a childhood friend, but they tortured her to death, not to mention the woman he wanted.

Unfortunately, he hid it so well that even the people around him couldn't figure out his thoughts. How could he blame them?

No, he could only blame himself for being imprisoned and unable to extricate himself...

He raised his trembling fingers and hung up the phone. His scarlet eyes turned to Andrew.

"Prepare a private plane."

He wanted to return home immediately and see Amelia with his own eyes. Otherwise, he would never believe that she had passed away.

Jackson picked a cemetery that overlooked the night view of Arcadia.

The scenic spot in front of them was where he and Amelia had been.

At that time, she said that she liked this place very much and asked him to take her here often in the future.

Later, he broke his promise and never brought her here again. He even forgot about her.