Chapter 159

"She's called Ashley Clark,"

"She's also a member of the Clark family?"

"Peter didn't mention this person in the information he sent. I think she just has the same surname as the Clarks."

"The same surname? Is it really such a coincidence?" wondered James.

He was confused, but he didn't ask more but just raised his chin at Zack.

"Go on."

"Yes, sir."

With his phone in his hand, Zack continued to report something about Amelia's mother.

"Sumasa was engaged to Samuel, the third son of the Brook family, Johnny's father."

"But there were several other people who loved Samuel as well. One of them was Jocelyn, and the other was Sumasa's eldest sister, Alice."

"The two women were jealous because Sumasa and Samuel fall in love with each other. In private, they did a lot of things to hurt Sumasa."

"The most serious one is that Jocelyn disfigured Sumasa's face with chemicals."

"Who would love a woman whose face has been disfigured? Samuel abandoned Sumasa and married her sister, Alice."

"After the Brook family abandoned Sumasa, Sumasa became of no use to the Clark family and then was expelled."

Hearing this, James couldn't help but tighten his grip on the ingredients.

"Zack, is the Sherwood family planning to enter the market in the Asian Pacific region?"

Zack, who was interrupted, nodded.

"Yes, the Evans family even gave them a project for that."

"Take it back and then remove the qualification of the Sherwood family. From now on, no project is allowed to give the Sherwood family."

If it weren't for the sake of Grace, James would have given Jocelyn a dose of her own medicine.

Jocelyn ruined Amelia's mother's face for a man but still finally failed to marry Samuel. What did Jocelyn want?

Besides, the reason why Jocelyn didn't allow Skender to get married must be that she felt guilty and didn't dare to let Skender approach her.

"Does Aaron know about it?"

"Aaron only knows that Skender is a member of the Clark family. He doesn't know that Jocelyn has ruined Sumasa's face."

It made sense. How could Jocelyn let her own son know what she had done in the past?

"Where did Sumasa go later?"

"There is no longer any news about her after she was driven away by the Clark family. When she came back, she had plastic surgery and looked completely different than before."

"I heard from the old servant of the Clark family that Sumasa had gone to ask for help with Skender and the baby Amelia because Amelia has inherited her congenital heart disease."

"It turned out that Amelia's heart disease was inherited from her mother," thought James.

"Sumasa was afraid that the child couldn't survive, so she knelt at the gate of the Clark family and begged her parents to help her."

"But her father and mother blamed her for marrying a poor man with her grandfather's property instead of leaving them the money and coming back for help after she was cheated out of all her money. Then they drove her away again."