Chapter 160

"Severe depression? Ryan has severe depression?" Eva couldn't believe it and stared at Ryan in disbelief. Suddenly, her eyes were filled with tears, and she saw the sadness and despair in Ryan's eyes.

"When did you get depressed?" asked Eva.

"I don't know," Ryan replied nonchalantly, then smiled again.

"Don't worry, I'm fine. I smile more than before..."

His smile was bright, just like when he was young. He was like an outgoing high school student, smiling so happily.

Eva had heard that it wasn't easy to tell whether one had depression even though he was on the verge of collapse.

Eva knew that Ryan had depression because he couldn't get over this relationship.

"Ryan, what can I do to help you?"

Ryan smiled. "Eva, you don't need to help me. I don't want to forget her again. I promised that I'd never forget her anymore. I have to keep my promise."

Then he added, "Even until the next life."

Only then did Eva realize that he was blaming himself for forgetting Amelia.

He was willing to be consumed by depression, swallowed by darkness, and dragged into hell by demons, just to love her without regrets. It seemed that Amelia was the greatest and most precious treasure in his life.

"But Ryan, what are you going to do?"

He loved Amelia so deeply. What should he do? Who could help him?

Ryan shook his head. No one could help him, not even himself. He was trapped in his own world, and no one could save him. Only death could help him.

At that thought, his smile slowly disappeared. He looked up at the sea of flowers in the distance and gently opened his lips.

"Eva, I want to leave this world, but I'm afraid she will feel guilty and won't be able to live on."

He had depression and wanted to leave, but he was afraid that Amelia would feel guilty and wouldn't be able to live on, so he had to hold on.

Eva couldn't hold back her tears and cried out, "Ryan, why are you so stupid?"

Ryan saw her crying and smiled again.

"Eva, what I mean is that I won't die. I'll hold on for her sake."

Ryan wouldn't die, but he would live in a living hell.

Eva couldn't feel the same way since she didn't suffer from depression.

But she knew that Ryan must be suffering from extreme pain.

What kind of life had he lived in the Imperial Capital in the past year?

How could he suffer from severe depression for no reason?

Looking at Ryan's smiling face, Eva couldn't help but burst into tears.

Ryan had lost his lover, lost his legs, and suffered from severe depression. How could his life be so tough?

"I'm just here in the world to experience life. So, Eva, you don't have to be sad for me."

Ryan took out a piece of tissue from the table and handed it to her. His gentle action made Eva think that he was the best in the world.

"Ryan, since you said you wouldn't die, you must live a good life and don't take things too hard."

After saying that, she took out a blessing item from her bag and handed it to Ryan.