Chapter 37

Amelia took the orange, put it in her mouth, and chewed it, but she had no appetite.

Her stomach felt sour when she swallowed it, and she almost threw up.

Frightened that Eva would be worried, she endured it.

Eva was probably in a low mood and didn't notice anything wrong with Amelia. She just lowered her head and peeled an apple.

Eva gave the peeled apple to Amelia. Amelia didn't eat it this time and put it on the bedside table.

"Eva, did Daniel tell you how many debts his family owes?"

"Yes."

Eva nodded. After a pause, she told Amelia how much money they owed.

"Two hundred thousand."

His family owed 200,000 dollars in debt, but Daniel only told Eva about it and hurried back to pay it off. He didn't even discuss it with Eva.

"He took his own money, not mine..."

Eva feared Amelia would be worried, so she added another sentence, which sounded a little ironic.

The mortgage of the house Daniel bought was paid for by Eva, however, the so-called husband didn't let her control the purse strings.

If Amelia knew that the money Eva earned after getting married was used to pay off the mortgage and cover their daily expenses, she would probably be angrier.

Eva didn't tell Amelia what had happened after she married Daniel. She feared Amelia would worry her, so Eva didn't dare to say to her.

Seeing that Amelia was angry, Eva had no choice but to say, "After I married Daniel, he did change a little. Of course, he's still as good to me as before, but he has something wrong. I don't know how to describe it..."

Daniel's kindness to her was not only tenderness and sweetness but also seeping into her life bit by bit. No matter how hard and tiring his work was, he would clean up the house and prevent her from cooking or washing clothes when he returned home from a business trip. It could be said that he treated her meticulously.

Eva lacked love. When she met someone who cared for her like this, she naturally handed over her heart and relied heavily on him.

Although Daniel still treated her like when she was in love after they got married, he always found some excuses in front of her for financial things. He complained about being poor in front of Eva.

Eva was a soft-hearted person. She took the initiative to repay the mortgage because Daniel didn't have enough money. Daniel recently said that his sales had not improved and he didn't get a bonus. There were still sickly older people in his family he wanted to support, so Eva also had to pay for their living expenses.

Now there were 200,000 dollars in debt in their family. Although Daniel said he would pay it back himself, the 200,000 dollars belonged to their joint property.

After getting married, Eva put all the money and some that Daniel had given her into a card. She wanted to deposit some baby funds for their future children.

Daniel said that his basic salary would also be transferred to that card.

But it didn't take long for 200,000 dollars to be deducted directly.

When they married, the betrothal gifts they gave Eva were 180,000 dollars. With his little money, it was precisely 200,000 dollars.

Eva didn't want to guess what Daniel was thinking about after they had dated for so many years. Money was unimportant to her, and his love was the most important. But such a thing happened as soon as they married, making her a little unhappy.