Chapter 91

In the orphanage, James hugged Amelia, and with Stella's help, placed her on the carpet.

Stella went searching for the authorities in charge of the orphanage, brought a hose, and used a lot of clean water to repeatedly rinse the sulfuric acid on her back.

While running water streamed through her back, Amelia lying on the ground was still shaking unconsciously in pain.

Seeing her in such pain, James' heart ached to the point of suffocation...

Filled with guilt, he came to kneel before her again.

He raised his pale fingers and touched the bloodless face.

What the fingertips came in contact with was the skin cold without the slightest warmth.

His heart suffocated. The panic and fear of losing her once three years ago roared overwhelmingly over...

He placed his trembling hand under her nose, and when he couldn't feel her breathing, his whole body went limp.

"Stella... She's not breathing..."

Hearing James' trembling voice, Stella's hands that were running water over the sulfuric acid paused before she reached out to feel Amelia's breathing and pulse.

"There's still a faint breath, but Ms. Garcia has undergone major surgery, and with such a severe injury, I'm afraid she might not be able to survive..."

Hearing the words, James seemed to have lost control.

"No, nothing will happen to her, I'll never allow anything to happen to her!"

Like a lunatic, he grabbed the water pipe, regardless of whether his fingers touched the sulfuric acid, and desperately helped her rinse her wound.

At the sight of the scene, Eva bursts into instant tears, begging God over and over again for Amelia to survive.

Ryan, who was outside the door, wanted to help, but all he could do was remain in his wheelchair, incapable of being of any help...

Such a deep sense of powerlessness prompted him to strangle his legs, as if falling into an abyss. It gradually devoured him.

Stella wanted to stop James, fearing that the acid would ruin his hands, but seeing how her persuasion fell on deaf ears, she got up and continued to make emergency calls.

Before she could make the call, the sound of an ambulance rang at the gate of the orphanage.

She wanted to remind James to carry Amelia to the hospital, but she turned to see that James had picked Amelia up and rushed out before she could say a word.

As if he could see no one, he hugged the petite woman in his arms and spread his leg to climb up the ambulance.

After handing Amelia over to a group of doctors, he ordered in a chilling voice.

"No matter what you do, you must save her!"

The doctors knew that he was the biggest boss of the hospital, so they replied in a respectful manner, "Got it!"

The doctor swiftly connected the patient to the ventilator before treating the wound with sodium bicarbonate solution.

James clutched Amelia's hand the whole time, his scarlet eyes fixed on her pale face.

"Amelia, you must come through. Your Ryan is still waiting to marry you. You must not let him down..."

He whispered in her ear, but the lying woman showed no response, as if dead, lifeless.