Chapter 18

Amelia leaned against the seat's armrest with one hand, rested her chin, and tilted her head to stare at the big screen in a trance.

After Jackson introduced the plan in an orderly manner, James suddenly asked him questions.

James's question was tricky as if he deliberately made things difficult for Jackson.

Seeing this, the people of the other groups breathed a sigh of relief. Fortunately, James didn't question them just now.

Jackson wasn't afraid of James. As he calmly dealt with the situation, he fought against James.

James asked a dozen tricky questions before letting him go.

The bidding in the morning was almost over. They could eat and rest in the middle and continue in the afternoon.
Although the Collins Group was over, they had to wait for the bidding results, so they stayed in the park.

The people of Evans Group were responsible for entertaining them. After leading them to the leisure area, they could do whatever they wanted.

After Jackson sat down in the lounge, Mr. Smith and a few executives hurried in.

"Mr. Collins, you were amazing just now. You were even able to stand out from Mr. Evans."

The higher-ups of the Collins Group had more or less suffered losses at the hands of James in other projects, but they always failed and ran away.

However, their president was able to fight against James at such a young age. He was not inferior to his brother at all and might even be a little more robust.
Jackson waved his hand. After chatting with them for a while, he let them go to dinner.

Jackson looked up at Amelia, who was standing respectfully beside him. "What would you like to eat?"

Amelia shook her head. "I'm not hungry."

Amelia didn't eat much. She had indigestion and could quickly get stomach bleeding.

Jackson thought she did not want to eat with him, so he said, "You don't have to accompany me. You can go by yourself."

Amelia thought about it. If she walked out of the lounge, she might bump into James. She shook her head again.

Jackson looked at Amelia helplessly.

"I'm going to get you something to eat."

After that, he stood up and left, ignoring Amelia's attempt to stop him.

Jackson's status differed, and the Evans Group's reception was also the highest standard.

The restaurant Jackson was going to was the one where James was.

Looking at the dazzling array of food, Jackson didn't know what to bring.

Jackson took out his phone and called Amelia. "What do you like to eat?"

Amelia didn't want to eat anything, but Jackson tried to persuade her, "You have to eat something. You have to take care of me in the afternoon."

Amelia had no choice but to say, "It's good that the food is easy to digest."

Jackson asked in a gentle voice, "How about some fish,
vegetables, and yogurt? What about staple food?"

"No need; these are enough."

"Okay, wait for me."

She was so obedient. Jackson hung up the phone with a smile. An indifferent voice came behind him as he was about to get food.

"It's not easy for you to attend the bidding, and you have to take care of your girlfriend."

Jackson turned around and saw James standing by the side.