Chapter 196

After the local police sealed off the scene and investigated the cause of the shooting, they concluded that Erin had committed suicide out of fear. They contacted the domestic police, who had already closed the previous case, and left it to the local police to handle. The local police took the body to the crematorium and cremated it on the spot.

As Stella watched Erin’s body suddenly sit up in the cremation furnace due to a neural reflex, she suddenly wished it was real…

But as a doctor, she knew that after a person dies, their muscles do not completely die for about three days. When the muscle tissue feels the burning pain, there will be a nerve reflex. Erin sitting up in the cremation furnace was just a reaction caused by the pain in his muscles. Erin was dead and would never come back…

And his protection of her before he died saved her from being implicated, while he himself was labeled a rapist and an illegal thug…

After death, he didn’t get a good reputation. He was removed from the family tree by Thomas, and the Simpson family never called anyone Erin again, just to save face. He still came overseas to pick up Erin’s ashes…

Accompanying Thomas were Karen and her child, who was only seven years old and looked small, but had a shrewd look in his eyes…

When Stella handed the urn containing Erin’s ashes to Mike, he only took it briefly and then disdainfully threw it to the servant behind him, without even looking at it again.

This was the urn that should have been cherished by Mike as Erin’s younger brother, but he was so cold-blooded and indifferent that he didn’t even want to bring it back to the country.

Stella had nothing to say about that. She had killed the person, so how could she expect a seven-year-old child to have a good impression of Erin? After all, Erin hadn’t treated this child well either…

But why did Karen’s mouth curl into a smile when she touched Erin’s urn?

She was the one who had driven Erin’s mother to her death and ruined Erin’s life, so why was she able to smile?

When Stella was young, Karen treated her very well. She would often say in her ear, “Stella, your brother Erin is a very well-behaved child. You should get along with him, care for him, and be kind to him. Don’t make him angry…”

Thinking that her aunt was so good to her, Stella made sure to heed her words and tried to please and get close to Erin…

When she was naive and ignorant, Karen would whisper in her ear, “Stella, look, your brother Erin is getting more and more handsome as he grows up. If you can win his favor and marry him in the future, you can live with your aunt forever…”

At that time, Stella had already developed feelings for Erin, and her face turned red. Karen asked, “Stella, do you like Erin?”

Stella, with her secret teenage crush, of course wouldn’t admit it, so she immediately shook her head in denial. Karen saw this and just smiled without saying anything…

But since then, Karen would have the nanny prepare delicious. meals and put them in lunchboxes for Stella to take to school for Erin. She would also call her in to bring towels to Erin when he was bathing, even if Erin never asked for a towel. And when Erin was sleeping, she would call her to bring him a glass of milk…

At that time, Erin didn’t like her and treated her rudely despite her attempts to please and get close to him. He would throw the lunchbox directly into the trash, slap the towel onto Stella’s face, and pour the milk on her. Stella, who was deeply hurt, didn’t want to continue doing this, but Karen advised her to endure it, saying that Erin would eventually be moved.