Chapter 34

"You..."

Amelia suddenly didn't know how to explain when she saw Jackson like this.

She was wearing James's clothes, which completely covered her body.

However, her red and swollen lips and the hickeys on her neck hurt Jackson.

His eyes were red, and his hands were trembling. He wanted to touch the places James had touched, but Amelia avoided his hand.

For Jackson, the action she instinctively avoided was more hurtful than the sound they made when James violated her in the room.

He took a step back in disbelief and looked at the woman
standing at the door motionlessly.

Until this moment, Jackson realized that what five years apart meant was not amnesia but loss.

After his brother pretended to be him and gave Amelia two hard kicks, he completely lost her.

Tears welled up in his bright red eyes, making it impossible for him to see clearly what Amelia looked like.

He staggered forward step by step, walked up to her with difficulty, raised his hand, and pulled her into his embrace.

He hugged her and used all his strength as if he wanted to rub her into his bones and blood.

But even if he held her in his arms, he couldn't feel any response from her.

In the past, as long as he hugged her, she would smile and put her arms around his waist.

Then, she snuggled in his arms and acted like a spoiled child. "Ryan, can you stop being so busy with work and spend more time with me?"

Amelia had asked him to spend more time with her. But he had never had time to accompany her in order to give her a better future and life.

When he had time, she and he had missed each other because of a car accident.

This regret gripped his heart, suffocating him to the point of being unable to breathe. Even if he were to take in large mouthfuls of air, it would not be able to alleviate the pain in the slightest.

When the cold liquid fell into her collarbone, Amelia was shocked.

She wanted to raise her head, but his big palm grabbed her.

"Amelia, don't look at me..."

His last trace of pride did not allow her to see him in such a sorry state.

Amelia stopped moving and allowed him to hug her, but her mind went blank.

Today, Jackson was acting too abnormally. It was as if he had changed into another person.

"I'm sorry."

He buried his head in her neck and apologized in a low voice.

"It's my fault. I'm useless. That's why you sold yourself to save me."

"I couldn't accept that you sold yourself, and I broke down emotionally and made you sad."

"I didn't want to go back home. I had a car accident on the way and suffered a serious head injury, which made me forget about you..."

"I'm sorry, Amelia. I just remembered. I'm really sorry..."

Hearing his sincere words, Amelia couldn't help but choose to believe him.

So he suddenly acted so abnormally because he remembered what had happened in the past.

In other words, he had not lied to her. He had really lost his memory.