Chapter 24

"Mr. Collins."

"Get out."

Before Zoey could finish his words, he was scolded by Jackson. He had no choice but to shut his mouth and turn around to leave.

It was impossible to pry out anything from Zoey. The only person who knew the truth and forged everything had passed away.

However, in addition to his elder brother, as the person involved, Amelia must know whether his elder brother had looked for her.

When Jackson hesitated about asking Amelia directly, the receptionist came in with an express delivery box.

"Mr. Collins, this is your package."

Jackson frowned when he heard that he had a package. "What's this?"

The receptionist placed the package on the table and respectfully replied, "It's from Ms. Garcia."

Jackson saw the name of the sender. It was indeed Amelia, so he waved to the receptionist to leave.

He opened the package, and his face darkened when he saw the dress and shoes inside.

Amelia had returned all the things he had given her.

Jackson's heart felt like it had been blocked by something, and he found breathing difficult.

She must be highly disappointed with him, so she didn't accept his gift.

After about ten hours of sleep, Amelia was awakened by the TV sound.

She tried hard to open her eyes and saw the news of the business marriage between the Evans Group and the Moore Group.

"The heir of the largest financial conglomerate in the Northern Hemisphere, the Evans Group's conglomerate, James Evans, will be engaged to Ms. Moore from the Moore family's conglomerate two months from now."

"The business alliance between the two groups will bring earth-shattering changes to the market in the Northern Hemisphere."

The man on TV was noble and cold, no different from usual, except that there was a woman holding his arm.

The two made a high-profile appearance at the engagement banquet and announced the news of their engagement. Those who came to congratulate them were all famous figures from high society.

Amelia had once hoped he would marry her, just like he had done to Emily. He would announce to the world that she was his fiancee.

However, it was just an extravagant hope. She was destined to get nothing in her life, not even a trace of pity.

She thought that it was good that they were engaged.

She could completely give up on him and would not leave with hope.

She smiled with relief as if she had completely forgotten the past.

She moved her body with difficulty, sat up from the sofa, and pulled up her trouser legs to take a look.

Her legs were still swollen. Previously, it would go down after taking medicine, but there had been no reaction this time.

Amelia sighed, took out a medicine bottle, and poured a dozen pills into her palm.

She increased the dosage because she didn't want Eva to see her haggard face when she returned.

Amelia had been taking her medicine on time these days. Her legs had recovered a little, and she could walk now.

However, it was still a little swollen, but it would not impact her much.

It was just that she was on so much medicine, and she was prone to drowsiness.