Chapter 99

Amelia took a step back, leaned against the elevator wall, and looked at James.

"Where are you taking me?"

His eyes gradually dimmed. "My place."

Amelia felt a little helpless when she heard this.

"Didn't you understand what I told you in the hospital?"

What she meant was that they shouldn't contact each other or see each other. But he was asking her to go to his villa?

James stared at her for a few seconds and said softly, "I understand, but where can you go in this situation?"

Amelia was rendered speechless by his words and didn't know how to answer him.

Embarrassed, she said, "My companion and I will find a way."

James curled his thin lips and snorted coldly, "He can't protect himself. What kind of solution can he come up with?"

Amelia didn't want to embarrass herself in front of him, but she realized what he said was correct, but...

"I..."

Before Amelia could say anything, James interrupted, "Amelia, the hotel is not safe. Be good and come to my villa."

The foreign country was too chaotic, and he couldn't guarantee her personal safety at all times. Only when she was within his sight could he feel relieved.

Hearing this, Amelia was worried for a moment, then clenched her palms and looked up at James.

"I know you are thinking about my safety, but have you considered Jessica's feelings when you ask me to stay in your villa?"

James frowned slightly. "What's the matter with her?"

Amelia clasped her fingers and kept rubbing the skin of her palms. "Yesterday I saw her hugging you..."

She didn't finish her words, but James understood them.

He took a step forward, his tall, straight body loomed over her petite frame.

He raised his slender fingers, propped them on the elevator door above her head, and looked down at her.

"Amelia, listen clearly, the only person who can touch me is you."

Amelia's heart trembled, and she lowered her head in disbelief.

James used his other hand to gently lift her chin, making her look straight into his eyes.

"Jessica took advantage of the situation and hugged me, didn't allow her to hug me."

He stared at her fair face and explained softly, "I have nothing to do with her."

He seldom spoke to Amelia in such a gentle voice, which made her uncomfortable.

She wanted to avoid eye contact with him, but he pinched her chin, not letting her move.

"Amelia, I promised Jessica that I would give her a chance to pursue me, but the deadline is three months, and it's expired now."

"Besides, during this period, I have been at the National Space Administration and have never had anything to do with her. Don't misunderstand me because of this."

After James finished explaining, he bent slightly and leaned closer to her eyes again.

"Also, I held Emily's hand and carried her to the hospital in front of you. I did this on purpose to test you."

"I can swear that I have never wanted another woman other than you in my life..."

Listening to his belated explanation, Amelia froze in place as she looked into those dark, cold eyes.