Chapter 197

But just by looking at Karen’s eyes, Stella knew she hadn’t guessed wrong. Karen was the one who made the first move.

Realizing this was even worse than knowing Karen had used Erin’s men to make things worse for Stella. Because that night, whether Erin had coincidentally come up with this idea or not, her own aunt would have done the same thing in Erin’s name.

After all, as long as they bribed the thugs and made them blame Erin as the mastermind, even if Erin had a hundred mouths, he wouldn’t be able to explain it clearly.

So at that time, when Stella woke up, Karen didn’t care about her well-being first. Instead, she kept pressing her, wanting to know who was behind it all. She claimed it was for revenge, but in reality, she wanted to destroy Erin…

If Stella hadn’t been blinded by family ties and hatred for Erin at that time, she should have thought carefully and not become a pawn.

Stella sneered inwardly, but remained calm as she questioned Karen.

“Tell me, when did you start using me? Was it from the moment you brought me to the Simpson family, or when you manipulated me to get close to Erin…”

Karen stared at Stella’s red eyes and suddenly felt like she had awakened, seeing right through everything. Facing Stella like this, it seemed pointless to hide anymore because she could feel that after today, her niece would never care for her as before.

Thinking this, Karen reached out and grabbed Stella’s hand, gently releasing her grip on her dress and placing Stella’s hand in her own palm. She then covered it with her other hand.

“Stella, Auntie brought you to the Simpson family because I felt sorry for you, losing both your parents. I wanted you to have a good life with me, but I never expected Erin to transfer her hatred towards me and Andrew onto you.”

If Karen had raised Stella just to use her, she wouldn’t have sent Andrew away beforehand and kept him by her side while using Stella as a shield. It was because she had no such intention that Karen didn’t set any traps in that regard.

Stella could already distinguish between truth and lies, so she didn’t question Karen’s words but continued to look up at her.

“Then when did you start using me?”

Since when?

Since Erin repeatedly mocked her, insulted her, and hated her with cold words, Karen wished for Erin’s death!

But with Erin’s grandfather guarding him at that time, she couldn’t touch Erin.

Moreover, Erin was clever and quickly sensed something was wrong. Several times, she tried to push Erin into the water from behind, but he cleverly avoided it.

Coincidentally, she saw little Stella chasing after Erin, wanting him to teach her medical skills. She felt that Erin was much kinder to Stella than to her, so she thought if she could transfer Erin’s hatred for her onto Stella, she would have to suffer less.

She then told Thomas how pitiful and helpless Stella was, how she was constantly bullied by Erin. Thomas heard it and saw it, and he started favoring Stella more.

Erin, being young at the time, probably felt that his father’s love had been taken away, which made him uncomfortable. The more he saw Stella, the more he disliked her, and Karen wanted to make it worse. She falsely accused him of hitting Stella in front of Thomas to add fuel to the fire.

When Thomas heard about it, he didn’t hesitate. As soon as Erin came back from school, he slapped him hard, knocking him to the ground. Erin foamed at the mouth, convulsing, almost unable to handle it.