Chapter 187

Amelia was working day and night on the design sketches Skender had left behind. When she heard Frank say that Eva had arrived, she stopped writing and got up from her desk.

It was the weekend, and Grace was at home, sitting happily on the living room carpet, playing with Lego bricks under the watchful eye of the nanny.

As soon as Eva walked in, she saw Grace, who had gained a few pounds and looked like a little ball, sitting cross-legged on the blanket.

Eva went up to her and tried to pick her up, but couldn’t. “How much has your Auntie been feeding her?” she exclaimed.

Embarrassed, Grace covered her chubby face and said, “Oh, Eva, I’m growing taller now, so I might gain a little weight. But when I grow up, I’ll be as slim as you guys.”

Eva gently touched her round belly and said, “Who knows how long we’ll have to wait for you to grow up…”

Grace stretched out her hands and compared them in front of Eva’s eyes. “I just need to gain a few more pounds for ten more years, and then I’ll be all grown up…”

EVa burst into laughter and pinched her little round face. “You’re quite adorable like this.”

With her head tilted, Grace said dreamily, “The teacher also said I’m cute. It seems she didn’t lie to me, her future daughter-in-law.”

Eva was shocked and widened her eyes. “What future daughter-in-law?”

Amelia came down the stairs, smiling as she chimed in, “She said she wants to marry the teacher’s son when she grows up. The little guy is in the same class as Grace.”

“Oh my, thinking about marriage at such a young age.”

“Yeah, right?”

Amelia walked up to them and touched Grace’s little head. “If the teacher’s son wasn’t handsome, she wouldn’t be willing to marry him.”

Grace imitated the adults and snapped her fingers.

“Auntie guessed it right! I want to marry him because he’s good-looking!”

Eva pretended to be serious and scolded Grace. “You need to change this habit. Just because someone is good-looking doesn’t mean they’re a good person…”

Deep in thought, Grace pondered for a moment and then rebutted Eva. “Although not all good-looking people are good, there are also bad people who are ugly. So, between ugly and good-looking, I choose a good-looking bad person…”

Eva: …

Amelia burst into laughter. “She has a twisted logic, and you can’t argue with her.”

Eva didn’t believe it and insisted on clarifying things with Grace. But Grace would occasionally throw out some clever remarks, leaving Eva speechless.

“Kids these days are something else. They have clear minds and quick brains,” Grace said.

Just as Stella walked in, she heard this and said, “I tested Grace’s IQ, and it’s higher than yours. Don’t treat her like a child.”

Eva asked if it was true, and Stella smiled and said, “With her parents being so outstanding, the child is surely not lacking in any way.”

After Stella and Eva arrived, Amelia waited for them to play Lego with Grace for a while before taking them to the recreation area.

After the nanny brewed coffee and served dessert, she finally asked Eva, “Did you go to meet Jayden’s parents today? How did it go?”

Eva came to Blue Bay Island to talk to Amelia about these things.