Chapter 124

Stella cried her heart out, and when she opened her eyes and wanted to comfort them back, she saw Henrry not far away.

A bright, pure man, wearing a light gray suit, walked towards her step by step with a determined pace...

Stella quickly let go of Amelia and Eva, turned around and wanted to leave. But she was stopped by Henrry grabbing her wrist.

Stella turned her head and saw the redness in Henrry's eyes, revealing a look of distress.

Stella took a deep breath and asked, "Did you hear everything?"

Henrry nodded and didn't say anything. It seemed like he hadn't figured out how to speak yet.

After revealing her ugly past, Stella felt relieved and became straightforward when facing Henry.

She still raised her confident chin and uttered, "My past is too unsightly. Don't come looking for me again in the future."

Her body and mind were in ruins, filthy to the extreme. Someone like her didn't deserve happiness.

She pushed away Henry's hand and turned around again, but he was one step faster and blocked her way.

"Stella, if I could meet you in the past, I would definitely protect you," he held Stella's shoulder, looking at her with utmost sincerity.

"Stella, in the past, I wasn't there. But in the future, I will definitely create a happy future for you."

He didn't say anything like "I don't mind your past" or "I don't care about your past". He only made a promise.

He firmly grabbed her shoulder, as if holding Stella's future, giving her infinite possibilities and infinite strength.

Stella stared at Henry blankly, but he held her hand and politely asked Eva and Amelia, "May I borrow Stella for a moment?"

Amelia looked at Stella, and seeing that she didn't object, she held Eva's hand and turned to walk into the villa, giving them space.

Perhaps it was due to what Amelia had found out about Stella's past, she had a sleepless night. She woke up in a daze in the morning...

She checked her phone and saw that James usually would have already video called her by this time, but not today. A sense of unease crept into her heart as she gathered the courage to dial his number. However, he didn't answer...

Amelia put down her phone and walked to the floor-to-ceiling window, staring blankly at the rising sun outside.

She and Eva had visited Stella at the hospital, attended a training center class, and completed a design project in the study, all without hearing from James.

She lay on the bed, clutching her phone and staring at the chat box. She waited for an hour, then a whole night, but he still didn't call...

As dawn approached, she couldn't resist falling asleep. It was then she had a strange dream...

She couldn't recall the scene, but she remembered James passing her with a cold face. She chased after him, grabbed his sleeve, and apologized tearfully, "I'm sorry, it wasn't intentional..."

He stopped walking, didn't look back at her, pushed her hand away, "Amelia, I've really tried. I've even given you my whole life. I don't have the strength to chase after you anymore. Let's end it between us."

She stood there, watching him get into the car and drive away. Suddenly, she broke down, covered her face, and cried on the ground.

After waking up from this dream, Amelia pressed on her aching heart and sat against the headboard for a long time to calm herself down.