Chapter 21

Jackson was not surprised by the result of the bidding.

After Jackson signed the contract, he left the venue and returned to the rest area.

Jackson pushed the door open and walked in. When he saw that Amelia was still asleep, he frowned slightly.

Jackson stepped forward and pushed Amelia, only to find she had fallen into a deep sleep.

Jackson called her a few more times, but she didn't respond.

He had thought she could fall asleep quickly, but now he felt something was wrong.

Amelia could no longer fall asleep. She had fallen into a deep sleep.

He quickly took out his mobile phone and called Erin,
"Erin, do people with heart disease like to sleep?"

In the middle of a meeting at the academic association, Erin was stunned momentarily before remembering who he was asking.

"People with heart disease are more prone to sleep..."

"Are there any symptoms of not being able to wake up once they sleep?"

People couldn't wake up from a heart attack, but heart failure would.

Erin wanted to tell the truth, but he also felt that the young lady didn't seem to want Jackson to know the truth.

"She must be too tired to sleep so soundly. It's nothing serious. She'll be fine when she wakes up."

Erin hesitated for a few seconds, but he still chose to hide it. Respecting the patient's will had always been his medical practice.

Jackson heaved a sigh of relief when he heard that.
Amelia had accompanied him to banquets and bidding in the past two days, so she might be tired.

Jackson hung up the phone and looked at Amelia, sleeping on the sofa.

Jackson clearly remembered that he had put a coat on her before he left. How could it be gone?

He looked around and saw the suit lying in the trash can.

Jackson, who had just relaxed, furrowed his brows again.
Did she really hate him that much?

Did she hate him so much that she even threw his suit into the trash can?

The suppressed sense of loss in his heart was gradually magnified at this moment, which made him very uncomfortable.

"Mr. Collins."

Mr. Smith walked in from outside the door. "The Evans Group is urging us to leave. We have to go."

The Evans Group had never allowed outsiders to stay in the park for long for fear that their information would be leaked.

Jackson withdrew his gaze from Amelia and said indifferently to Mr. Smith, "Go get your car."

Mr. Smith nodded and quickly turned around to leave.

As soon as he left, Jackson stepped forward with a darkened face, picked up Amelia, and went out.

"You hate me, don't you? Then I must touch you!"

A stubborn, paranoid, and forbearing possessiveness made Jackson lose his gentlemanly demeanor.

His eyes were filled with rage and anger that he had never felt before. It was as if this was the most real him!

Everyone was stunned when he appeared at the sight of the executives with Amelia in his arms.

The stubborn desire in the eyes of their president was a little scary.

As Paul walked into the president's office, he saw James standing before the French window with his hands in his pockets and looking down at the floor below.